No registration required

Overclocking Stock ROM/Kernel Help!

OP -Tofu-

2nd November 2014, 12:03 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

10 posts
More
(The thread was listed on the Q&A forum, but after not much help, I decided to look for help here!)

Hello everyone, this is my first topic on XDA after lurking for a while!

Anyways, today my topic is going to be concerning an Android Mini Tablet called the PlayMG. It's a WiFi tablet by a startup that's now gone bankrupt. The actual name of the device (development-wise) was the ACTScom A930. It was supposed to be a small 4 inch tablet like an iPod Touch with Android. You can find various info by googleing the name.

The specs go as stated:
ARM TCC8920 @ 960 MHz
1 GB RAM
4 GB DDR3 Storage
Android 4.0.4 ICS

Geekbench test:
http : //browser.primatelabs . com/geekbench3/356000
(sorry, I'm new so I can't post links until 10 posts)

The device was pretty cheap (around 90 dollars) and since then I've rooted it. I had to use SafeRoot because there is virtually no support anywhere for this device. As you can tell from the specs above, the device is fairly weak. My goal is to overclock the device to run at around 1.10-1.25 Ghz, however I'm stuck on the stock ROM and kernel. And as you can probably guess, there is no one to develop and overclockable Kernel for it. I have a few questions that I would like answered:

I was wondering are there any methods to overclock the stock kernel? Is that pretty much impossible?

Are there any ICS (or any) kernels that might work on this device?

Could I build the Kernel myself?
^Questions regarding this:
-Since the company went bankrupt, I can't really obtain a stock kernel, Could I somehow extract it from the device itself?
-If I were able to get the kernel, where can I go on XDA to guide me to building an overclockable kernel?

Does anyone have any ideas on how to overclock this device? I'm accepting all ideas, good or bad!

Thank you everyone in advance. All responses/knowledge is welcome!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread