Pantech Vega A880S - Stuck at RED SW Download mode

OP dasche

19th February 2015, 11:52 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Abu Dhabi
Thanks Meter: 20

73 posts
More
My phone (Pantech Vega A880s) is stuck at Emergency Mode due to incomplete firmware upgrade process. I tried to re-flash by official online flashing tool and unofficial offline flashing tools but nothing worked. Tools detect phone, do something but eventually fail. Error messages are supposed to be in Korean language but they are obscured. I tried to change encoding of the text to get actual korean text but could not succeed. So currently I am totally in dark about what is the problem in flashing.
There is no recovery, no fastboot mode available in this condition. The only hope is the activeX based flash tools. I have the DLLs and activeX of the tool, maybe some good Windows Forms dev can develop an app for flashing or at least extract readable error text from the DLLs.
SkyUpdate.dll is actually an ocx file. This is the main thing which is actually the flash tool. Combined with other DLLs it gets info about connected phone (when drivers are installed) and then downloads the latest firmware file (.binx format) to %temp%. after downloading the files it flashes it to the phone if version => phone's version. Because this is ocx, so it runs only in internet explorer (with compatibility mode ON).
Upgrade interface is : http://dmfile.isky.co.kr/NewSelfUpgrade/index.html
PS: Phone is not dead because flasher tool detects correctly. There is no pantech service centers in my country and neighbors.
Edit: This (XDA) is pretty much my LAST HOPE.
Edit: Had to create new thread for such details.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20150220_022410.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	105.5 KB
ID:	3174218  
Attached Files
File Type: rar Additional-DLL.rar - [Click for QR Code] (245.2 KB, 14 views)
File Type: rar SkyUpdate.rar - [Click for QR Code] (110.0 KB, 14 views)
Last edited by dasche; 19th February 2015 at 11:53 PM. Reason: Reason for posting
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
pantech vega, red sw mode
Previous Thread Next Thread