Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,781 Members 47,085 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Rockchip RK3168 and RK3188 Root Method Working!

Tip us?
 
resinis
Old
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 24
Posts: 121
Join Date: Dec 2007
Smile Rockchip RK3168 and RK3188 Root Method Working!

Bought a Certified 7" MID-73005 tablet with an RK3168 chip inside.

I could not find a root method... I couldnt even find the right USB drivers.

Found the method for the RK3188, which is the quad core variant of the 3168.

Tried it, and it works perfectly! Rooted baby!

http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/8885...k3188-tablets/

Just thought others might like to know, seeing as these chips are still fairly new and not much out on them yet.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to resinis For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
JerichoKru
Old
#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 21
Join Date: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by resinis View Post
Bought a Certified 7" MID-73005 tablet with an RK3168 chip inside.

I could not find a root method... I couldnt even find the right USB drivers.

Found the method for the RK3188, which is the quad core variant of the 3168.

Tried it, and it works perfectly! Rooted baby!

http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/8885...k3188-tablets/

Just thought others might like to know, seeing as these chips are still fairly new and not much out on them yet.
I know this a bit off topic but, does that have an HDMI out? Currently looking into buying one.
 
witmoos
Old
#3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 1
Join Date: Dec 2013
I have the same chip and i rooted it but now i want to install cwm on it how do i do that?
 
ianmb
Old
#4  
ianmb's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 491
Posts: 1,141
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Fort Recovery
Quote:
Originally Posted by resinis View Post
Bought a Certified 7" MID-73005 tablet with an RK3168 chip inside.

I could not find a root method... I couldnt even find the right USB drivers.

Found the method for the RK3188, which is the quad core variant of the 3168.

Tried it, and it works perfectly! Rooted baby!

http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/8885...k3188-tablets/

Just thought others might like to know, seeing as these chips are still fairly new and not much out on them yet.
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!! Looked high and low for the steps to do this and it worked on my 7 yr old daughters Kocaso M1066 tablet!
Truly a great find!
Don't touch my Galaxy Note II !!!


Current:
ROM:SMOOTHEST>>>PERIOD!!!!!
KERNEL : Stock, that came with 4.3
Old Cells: LG Incite, HTC EVO 4G
 
axlina
Old
#5  
axlina's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 136
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Slavonski Brod
Quote:
Originally Posted by resinis View Post
Bought a Certified 7" MID-73005 tablet with an RK3168 chip inside.

I could not find a root method... I couldnt even find the right USB drivers.

Found the method for the RK3188, which is the quad core variant of the 3168.

Tried it, and it works perfectly! Rooted baby!

http://www.slatedroid.com/topic/8885...k3188-tablets/

Just thought others might like to know, seeing as these chips are still fairly new and not much out on them yet.
this didn't work for me. no errors while rooting but still m tab isn't rooted. pls help...
PHONE: SONY XPERIA Z (C6603)
KERNEL: 3.4.0-g43a9ba9 BuildUser@BuildHost #1 Mon Aug 26 10:05:33 2013.
COUNTRY: CROATIA
BASEBAND 9x15A-ACEFWMAZQ-30110068-44
ANDROID VERSION: 4.2.2
T-MOBILE
BUILD NUMBER
10.3.1.A.2.67


MY OLD PHONE:
LG OPTIMUS 3D (P920)
 
ianmb
Old
#6  
ianmb's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 491
Posts: 1,141
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Fort Recovery
Quote:
Originally Posted by axlina View Post
this didn't work for me. no errors while rooting but still m tab isn't rooted. pls help...
What kind of tablet do you have?

ANDROID...A New Digital Revolution Of Incredible Developers
Don't touch my Galaxy Note II !!!


Current:
ROM:SMOOTHEST>>>PERIOD!!!!!
KERNEL : Stock, that came with 4.3
Old Cells: LG Incite, HTC EVO 4G
 
axlina
Old
#7  
axlina's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 136
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Slavonski Brod
Quote:
Originally Posted by ianmb View Post
What kind of tablet do you have?

ANDROID...A New Digital Revolution Of Incredible Developers
this one

http://www.intelkom.hr/opis.php?id=4696
PHONE: SONY XPERIA Z (C6603)
KERNEL: 3.4.0-g43a9ba9 BuildUser@BuildHost #1 Mon Aug 26 10:05:33 2013.
COUNTRY: CROATIA
BASEBAND 9x15A-ACEFWMAZQ-30110068-44
ANDROID VERSION: 4.2.2
T-MOBILE
BUILD NUMBER
10.3.1.A.2.67


MY OLD PHONE:
LG OPTIMUS 3D (P920)
 
ianmb
Old
#8  
ianmb's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 491
Posts: 1,141
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Fort Recovery
Quote:
Originally Posted by axlina View Post
That has the same processor as the tablet I rooted. You use the root program that was linked to in this thread? Did your tablet reboot 3 times?

ANDROID...A New Digital Revolution Of Incredible Developers
Don't touch my Galaxy Note II !!!


Current:
ROM:SMOOTHEST>>>PERIOD!!!!!
KERNEL : Stock, that came with 4.3
Old Cells: LG Incite, HTC EVO 4G
 
axlina
Old
#9  
axlina's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 136
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Slavonski Brod
Quote:
Originally Posted by ianmb View Post
That has the same processor as the tablet I rooted. You use the root program that was linked to in this thread? Did your tablet reboot 3 times?

ANDROID...A New Digital Revolution Of Incredible Developers
Yes it did reboot. I don't know if this is important i didn't find this option



https://www.dropbox.com/s/pdewri7n5t97704/root2.png
PHONE: SONY XPERIA Z (C6603)
KERNEL: 3.4.0-g43a9ba9 BuildUser@BuildHost #1 Mon Aug 26 10:05:33 2013.
COUNTRY: CROATIA
BASEBAND 9x15A-ACEFWMAZQ-30110068-44
ANDROID VERSION: 4.2.2
T-MOBILE
BUILD NUMBER
10.3.1.A.2.67


MY OLD PHONE:
LG OPTIMUS 3D (P920)
 
ianmb
Old
#10  
ianmb's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 491
Posts: 1,141
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Fort Recovery
Quote:
Originally Posted by axlina View Post
Yes it did reboot. I don't know if this is important i didn't find this option



https://www.dropbox.com/s/pdewri7n5t97704/root2.png
What option...? Whatever you posted isn't showing.

ANDROID...A New Digital Revolution Of Incredible Developers
Don't touch my Galaxy Note II !!!


Current:
ROM:SMOOTHEST>>>PERIOD!!!!!
KERNEL : Stock, that came with 4.3
Old Cells: LG Incite, HTC EVO 4G

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes