FORUMS

Stock + Root - Lenovo A390T

69 posts
Thanks Meter: 10

By Monotoko, Member on 10th March 2015, 04:21 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
TLDR: Need a stock image, root and custom recovery for the Lenovo A390T

Hi All,

So my Chinese friend brought me her mothers phone to try and fix. As far as I can gather, she tried to update, got impatient and rebooted it. It just permanently hangs on an "Updating..." screen. First thing I tried was getting into fastboot, I managed to get in and it said "Fastboot Mode" in the top left corner. My PC doesn't recognise the phone as connected (even though if I turn it on normally it does recognise ADB - ruling out any issues with drivers or my hardware I think?)

I also tried to boot into recovery. I get the little droid with the exclamation mark, but that's it. If I press the power button I see the menu for maybe a second as it thinks I have clicked on the first option (Reboot) - the up and down buttons do nothing (pressing or holding) so literally the only button I can press is power, which just reboots the damn thing.

The good news is I did manage to boot Android into safe mode, then tried a factory reset from there. It booted back up without a home screen app but everything else seemed okay. I could get into settings from the notification menu by pulling the top bar down, but otherwise it was just black with a top bar.

I downloaded an APK for Nova and installed that through ADB, and we're golden on the actual phone working again. What I would like to do is install a custom recovery in case it ever happens again, so I can easily recover the OS - and get a stock image. I did find this for root, but it doesn't seem to work (Framaroot says there are no exploits available) http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...85&postcount=7

So I need to root, install a custom recovery, and then get a clean stock image back on the device, any ideas?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread