Yonstoptech bs1078 tablet - ALLWINNER a31 sdk and firmware update

Search This thread
YONSTOPTECH AWINNER A31 KIT KAT TABLET 10.1 / 2GB RAM 8 OR 16 GB STORAGE, ANDROID 44.4.2 HDMI, 1080X600 DISPLAY.2 MICRO USB OTG PORTS, MICRO SD CARD SLOT, PRE ROOOTED OR IF NOT SEE BELOW. MADE FOR OEM ONLY BUT MORE GENERIC MODEL HAVE BEEN SEEM THAN AN ACTUALLY OEM LIKE GOOWEEL, FUSION, ONDA, ETC. UNDER $130 ON EBAY COMES WITH ALL CONNECORS, EXT SD CARD, STYLUS, AND TABLET/

I'VE SEEM VARIOUS QUESTIONS ASKED ABOUT MODEL BS 1078 ,ALL OVER THE WEB, ENOUGHTHAT I WISH TO SHARE SOME BASIC AND USEFULL INFO WITH THE MASSES.

ROOT....
THE Best AND EASIET WAY TO ROOT FOR ME HAS BEEN (I OWN 4) ROOT GENIOUS , FOR DOWNLOAD AND INSTRUCTIONS http://androidxda.com/DOWNLOAD-ROOT-GENIUS

IT'S A COMPONANT OF SHUAME AND IS A ONE CLICK ROOT METHOD STANDALONE IN ENGLISH.

RECOVERY...

BASIC RECOVERY IS INSTALLED ALREADY AS MY TABLET WERE PRE ROOTED., THOUGH SOM,E HAVE HAD DIFFICULTY USING THE MANUFACTURER AS THE VOLUME KEYS DON'T WORK PERFECTLY

A TIP=INSTALLED A MOUSE THROUGH THE OTG CABLE PROVIDED AND JUST MOVE MOUSE AROUND TO HIGHLIGHT SELECTION, THE VOLUME UP BUTTON FOR SELECTION. DO NOT PRESS VOLUME DOWN. LET'S YOU UPDATE FROM BOTH INTERESTING AND EXTERNAL

FIRMWARE/ROM ... THE LATESTKITKAT ROM FOR AUGUST 2014 IS AVAILABLE,NOT SURE OF IT'S CHANGELOG AS I'M HAPPY WITH THE 6 29 VERSION AND DON'T WANT TO CABLE YET .SOME HAVE THIS TABLET WITH 4.2, THIS UPGRADE IS TO4.4.2

http://pan.baidu.com/share/home?uk=1679008622 IS THE LINK TO FIRMWARE

TOOLS....

ALLWINNER INCLUDE THE TOOLS FOR EASY SD CARD FLASHING IN THE ALLWINNER A SERIES SDK FOR KITKAT. YOU'LL NEED A 4GB SD CARD, PHEONIX CARD.MSI AND THE WORD DOC INCLUDE IN FIRMWARE PACKAGE TO PUT ONTO EXTERNAL SD CARD SHOULD YOU WISH TO INSTALLED THAT WAY, WHEN POWER ON IT SHOULD START TO BOOT WITH YOUR EXT SD INSERTED, FROM THE SD CARD. ONCE IT REBOOTS, TAKE OUT EXT SD CARD, AND YOUR GOOD TO GO

HERE IS THE FULL SDK THAT YOU'LL NEED AS IT INCLUDE DRIVERS AND TOOLS FOR TWEAKING THE ROM, CHANGE BOOT ANIMATION , AND VARIOUS OTHER. OEM DIRECTED TWEAKS.
http://pan.baidu.com/wap/link?sharei...r_TOOLS&page=1

IN EACH DOWNLOAD ABOVE INCLUDES A WORD DOC IN EN/CHINESE WITH DIAGRAMS TO SHOW YOU HOW TO FLASH, MOD, EDIT BUILD.PROP ETC.

ANY QUESTIONS, DON'T HESITATE TO ASK

PAUL TARANEH

ALSO REF TO http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2704721 FOR MORE INFO ABOUT ROOTING TABLET

Last edited:
Reactions: num052

djdandew2013

Feb 1, 2013
YONSTOPTECH AWINNER A31 KIT KAT TABLET 10.1 / 2GB RAM 8 OR 16 GB STORAGE, ANDROID 44.4.2 HDMI, 1080X600 DISPLAY.2 MICRO USB OTG PORTS, MICRO SD CARD SLOT, PRE ROOOTED OR IF NOT SEE BELOW. MADE FOR OEM ONLY BUT MORE GENERIC MODEL HAVE BEEN SEEM THAN AN ACTUALLY OEM LIKE GOOWEEL, FUSION, ONDA, ETC. UNDER $130 ON EBAY COMES WITH ALL CONNECORS, EXT SD CARD, STYLUS, AND TABLET/

I'VE SEEM VARIOUS QUESTIONS ASKED ABOUT MODEL BS 1078 ,ALL OVER THE WEB, ENOUGHTHAT I WISH TO SHARE SOME BASIC AND USEFULL INFO WITH THE MASSES.

ROOT....
THE Best AND EASIET WAY TO ROOT FOR ME HAS BEEN (I OWN 4) ROOT GENIOUS , FOR DOWNLOAD AND INSTRUCTIONS http://androidxda.com/DOWNLOAD-ROOT-GENIUS

IT'S A COMPONANT OF SHUAME AND IS A ONE CLICK ROOT METHOD STANDALONE IN ENGLISH.

RECOVERY...

BASIC RECOVERY IS INSTALLED ALREADY AS MY TABLET WERE PRE ROOTED., THOUGH SOM,E HAVE HAD DIFFICULTY USING THE MANUFACTURER AS THE VOLUME KEYS DON'T WORK PERFECTLY

A TIP=INSTALLED A MOUSE THROUGH THE OTG CABLE PROVIDED AND JUST MOVE MOUSE AROUND TO HIGHLIGHT SELECTION, THE VOLUME UP BUTTON FOR SELECTION. DO NOT PRESS VOLUME DOWN. LET'S YOU UPDATE FROM BOTH INTERESTING AND EXTERNAL

FIRMWARE/ROM ... THE LATESTKITKAT ROM FOR AUGUST 2014 IS AVAILABLE,NOT SURE OF IT'S CHANGELOG AS I'M HAPPY WITH THE 6 29 VERSION AND DON'T WANT TO CABLE YET .SOME HAVE THIS TABLET WITH 4.2, THIS UPGRADE IS TO4.4.2

TOOLS....

ALLWINNER INCLUDE THE TOOLS FOR EASY SD CARD FLASHING IN THE ALLWINNER A SERIES SDK FOR KITKAT. YOU'LL NEED A 4GB SD CARD, PHEONIX CARD.MSI AND THE WORD DOC INCLUDE IN FIRMWARE PACKAGE TO PUT ONTO EXTERNAL SD CARD SHOULD YOU WISH TO INSTALLED THAT WAY, WHEN POWER ON IT SHOULD START TO BOOT WITH YOUR EXT SD INSERTED, FROM THE SD CARD. ONCE IT REBOOTS, TAKE OUT EXT SD CARD, AND YOUR GOOD TO GO

HERE IS THE FULL SDK THAT YOU'LL NEED AS IT INCLUDE DRIVERS AND TOOLS FOR TWEAKING THE ROM, CHANGE BOOT ANIMATION , AND VARIOUS OTHER. OEM DIRECTED TWEAKS.

IN EACH DOWNLOAD ABOVE INCLUDES A WORD DOC IN EN/CHINESE WITH DIAGRAMS TO SHOW YOU HOW TO FLASH, MOD, EDIT BUILD.PROP ETC.

PAUL TARANEH

ALSO REF TO http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2704721 FOR MORE INFO ABOUT ROOTING TABLET

Good thread Paul nice to have a place to discuss this tablet i have just posted in the other thread you refereed to but will also post it here below

I bought a 10.1 Allwinner A31s 16GB from Ebay for £60 the device details show as a YONESTOPTECH BS1078

It is a nice tablet for the price and came pre rooted witch was great.
One of the first things i did was make a backup off the Rom with online nandroid backup as i like messing and wanted a backup just in case i messed up. and here is where things got messy, online nandroid backup would only be able to restore if i had a custom recovery (CWM or TWRP)

So off i went and tried to install TWRP from the guide on this thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2210676

Long story short it didn't work an i thought i had bricked it as it was stuck on the boot logo, i managed to find FW for a Q102 A31S Tablet Stock Firmware 4.4.2 wich is the same tablet under a different name, after several failed attempts to recover through phoenix suite as i couldn't get it into recovery, i downloaded phoenixcard and successfully flashed the FW Phew all was good lol.

So if anyone has successfully installed a custom recovery any info would be grateful as it would be nice to try a custom Rom.

I have also had a little play with dragonface for allwinner devices as this lets you change a few things on the stock ROM ISO and then you can re flash with your custom changes, Two things i would like to tweak are volume and lcd settings as i feel the volume on this device is to quiet and the lcd contrast could do with tweaking. in dragon face you can load the sys.cofig settings, i have found the volume config but haven't got a clue what can be changed to increase the max volume level so if anybody has any knowledge then any input would be appreciated, here is the code for audio settings,

Code:
;pa_single_vol,pa_double_vol: 31 level,1.5db/step.0x1f is the large volume.
;cap_vol:use for system record,0x0--0db,0x1--24db,0x2--27db,0x3--30db,0x4--33db,0x5--36db,0x6--39db,0x7--42db
;headphone_vol,earpiece_vol: must least than 0x3b. 0x1 is a step.
;headset_mic_vol: headset mic(mic2) vol,use for phone headset mic call
;main_mic_vol: main mic(mic1) vol,use for phone main mic call
;--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[audio_para]
audio_used         = 1
audio_hp_ldo       = "none"
headphone_vol      = 0x3b
earpiece_vol       = 0x3b
cap_vol            = 0x7
pa_single_vol      = 0x1b
pa_double_used     = 1
pa_double_vol      = 0x1f
headphone_direct_used	= 0
headphone_mute_used	= 0
audio_pa_ctrl       	= port:PA18<1><default><default><0>
audio_mute_ctrl       	= port:PA17<1><default><default><0>
headset_mic_vol    = 6
main_mic_vol       = 6

Thanks in advance for any input

zohar1000

Oct 17, 2012
ezcast application install error

Hi,

I get an error message when I try to install the ezcast app on the tablet, do you have any
idea why this would happen? I would really like to cast from this device to my tv.

Also when I try to install the fulltilt poker app from fulltilt.com, the site doesn't recognize my
device as an android device. I got over it by copying the .apk file from another device but
I just thought to mention it.

Thanks,
Zohar

Hmm. I've been able to install ezcast on mine, and maybe the poker game was initially meant for windows. Your tab most likely came pre rooted so check your root permission. For ez cast contact the apps developer he is very good at replying just give all stats from about phone . good luck

Sent from my XT1034 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

SantiagoCEO

Jun 2, 2014
Now I know the button + problem prior to update rom

ROOT....

RECOVERY...

TOOLS....

PAUL TARANEH

Let pressed the button + and hit hit hit hit the power button a lot of times after you begin press the power button some times connect to pc and when in the devices manager appear the new device and start to configure it let it the table quiet now go to pc wait a moment to windows configure it and do it with phoenix, if somebody have win 8 8.1 or 7 x64 you must disble signatures of drivers, in windows 8 go to restar but dont press the button restart, press shift and with shift pressed clic in restar a menu appear go to advanced options, advanced options and later the pc restart with a menu there press 7 for disable the driver signature and there install phoenixm if you already installed install it again and you can see the diferrences, now my tablet is with a new rom and i made it in win 8.1 x64, thanks for all the info, steps and rom thank so much

Gunner145

Nov 30, 2014
Anyone know if there's a version of 'CyanogenMod' available for this tablet ???

Thnxs in advance for any info. :)

djrnewcastle

Jul 6, 2011
I just purchased an AllWinner Q102 Tablet. It took me a day or so to realize that it also is pre-rooted. Here is my problem. I continue to get errors that say "unfortunately google play.... has stopped." or "unfortunately Netflix has stopped"
It's driving me crazy! I can't use any of my regular apps.

The model is a Q102
Android Version
Firmware version
v4.5.0919P
Kernel version
hc@hc-XPS-8700 #20
Wed Sep 10 21:31:21 CST 2014

It seems like a nice little tablet for the price....
I would rather go to stock if it works rather than a root that is flakey

Thanks for any help you can give!

cqfast

Jan 13, 2011
My Google Play reboots, but no "unfortunately" messages

I just purchased an AllWinner Q102 Tablet. It took me a day or so to realize that it also is pre-rooted. Here is my problem. I continue to get errors that say "unfortunately google play.... has stopped." or "unfortunately Netflix has stopped"
It's driving me crazy! I can't use any of my regular apps.

The model is a Q102
Android Version
Firmware version
v4.5.0919P
Kernel version
hc@hc-XPS-8700 #20
Wed Sep 10 21:31:21 CST 2014

It seems like a nice little tablet for the price....
I would rather go to stock if it works rather than a root that is flakey

Thanks for any help you can give!

I seem to have the identical tablet (specdevice . com / showspec.php ? id=5f13-c36d-ffd4-db280033c587) purchased in October. Mine was also pre-rooted, and it took me a while to figure that out too!

I do not see the messages/crashes that you see; my apps generally run with stability. I do occasionally experience surprise reboots (presumably from crashes) when I connect a USB device or am attempting to upgrade a large app via Google Play. I assume that my Google Play reboots are somehow related to running out of app disk space. Even though my tablet has 32 GB flash internally (split into two 16 GB flash devices) for some reason only 2GB was allocated to the /data partition, where apps are installed. When I found your post, I was actually looking for a solution to increase my tablet's /data partition. I read about different firmware downloads available (earlier in this thread, and in a chinagadgetsreviews blogspot -- sorry, XDA does not let me post links yet) but don't know whether they would help me with my small /data partition problem.

I'd be happy to test any particular apps on my tablet, if that would be of diagnostic use to you. And please let me know if you ever discover a solution to increase the app disk space.

jayden91012

Mar 25, 2015
bs1078 tonbux 10.1

Hi mines same bricked it with something now only get heart screen anyone know a fix memory man issues I had root toolbox app and you can change memory cache size etc if not another app carefully as can brick if Ness wrong settings ie screen resolution

jayden91012

Mar 25, 2015
stuck on first logo not android man

Hi got same tablet but stuck on very first logo do you know if this is still bootable by your method ? Thanks in advance for any assist

DJBoxer

Aug 9, 2010
Lomita
Hi got same tablet but stuck on very first logo do you know if this is still bootable by your method ? Thanks in advance for any assist

Jayden just reflash the firmware with phoenix suite.

---------- Post added at 10:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 AM ----------

I seem to have the identical tablet (specdevice . com / showspec.php ? id=5f13-c36d-ffd4-db280033c587) purchased in October. Mine was also pre-rooted, and it took me a while to figure that out too!

I do not see the messages/crashes that you see; my apps generally run with stability. I do occasionally experience surprise reboots (presumably from crashes) when I connect a USB device or am attempting to upgrade a large app via Google Play. I assume that my Google Play reboots are somehow related to running out of app disk space. Even though my tablet has 32 GB flash internally (split into two 16 GB flash devices) for some reason only 2GB was allocated to the /data partition, where apps are installed. When I found your post, I was actually looking for a solution to increase my tablet's /data partition. I read about different firmware downloads available (earlier in this thread, and in a chinagadgetsreviews blogspot -- sorry, XDA does not let me post links yet) but don't know whether they would help me with my small /data partition problem.

I'd be happy to test any particular apps on my tablet, if that would be of diagnostic use to you. And please let me know if you ever discover a solution to increase the app disk space.

I reccommend a app called foldermount (Root) you can change storage location to extsd i use it for most games and large apps had this tablet about year now.

jachol

Apr 23, 2012
NW England
Hi ... are the links for firmware etc. in post #1 still good ?,

I don't seem to get anywhere finding the download. ... Jack

DJBoxer

Aug 9, 2010
Lomita
Reactions: jachol

jachol

Apr 23, 2012
NW England
Here you go jack this is the link to q102 firmware which is same as bs1078 stock.

http://chinagadgetsreviews.blogspot.com/2014/09/download-android-kitkat-442-stock_11.html

If you need anything else just ask i have most stuff on my laptop for this device if needed if links not working.

Hi DJB,
Thanks for quick reply ... downloading now, not sure think tried this source before (long story),

will try it with Phoenix USB Pro, chances are I need to come back to you thanks for the offer,

PM will be best I think. ... Jack

Lomezno

Jul 13, 2015
Hi,

I have this same tablet and i have a problem. When i connect it to my computer or my girlfriend´s(win 7 and 8.1) The tablet is not recongnized.
anybody know why ? i was trying around to find the drivers but i only found google ones.
I would be really thankfull if u could give me a hand on this.

jachol

Apr 23, 2012
NW England
Hi,

I have this same tablet and i have a problem. When i connect it to my computer or my girlfriend´s(win 7 and 8.1) The tablet is not recongnized.
anybody know why ? i was trying around to find the drivers but i only found google ones.
I would be really thankfull if u could give me a hand on this.
Hi, sorry for late reply, been tied up with family business for a whle.
re. drivers Pda. net drivers seem to work OK for me, this link should help ... J

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1983470

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

ROOT....

RECOVERY...

TOOLS....

PAUL TARANEH

Hi ... are the links for firmware etc. in post #1 still good ?,

I don't seem to get anywhere finding the download. ... Jack
    Here you go jack this is the link to q102 firmware which is same as bs1078 stock.

http://chinagadgetsreviews.blogspot.com/2014/09/download-android-kitkat-442-stock_11.html

If you need anything else just ask i have most stuff on my laptop for this device if needed if links not working.