Zopo Zp999 & 3X Octa Core

Search This thread

hopeayaska

Nov 15, 2014
I think the only difference is the the internal storage- 16/32 GB. At one time though there were 3 models of the 999: ZP999 pro with the 3/32 GB
ZP999 Lionheart Lite with 2/16 GB
and then the 3X which is the same price at the Lite version with more RAM.

Currently on their website Zopo has only 2 versions: the 3X and the ZP999 Pro 3/32GB
Does this mean that they changed the Lite version to 3X by adding additional RAM??
And to make matters even more confusing the 3X has "Lite" also in it's name description.

From all this I've been led to think that there are currently only two versions both woth 3 gigs of RAM and the one with 2 GB won't be selling at all. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

ghost45

Nov 10, 2012
P@th
I think the only difference is the the internal storage- 16/32 GB. At one time though there were 3 models of the 999: ZP999 pro with the 3/32 GB
ZP999 Lionheart Lite with 2/16 GB
and then the 3X which is the same price at the Lite version with more RAM.

Currently on their website Zopo has only 2 versions: the 3X and the ZP999 Pro 3/32GB
Does this mean that they changed the Lite version to 3X by adding additional RAM??
And to make matters even more confusing the 3X has "Lite" also in it's name description.

From all this I've been led to think that there are currently only two versions both woth 3 gigs of RAM and the one with 2 GB won't be selling at all. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Hi,
There are 3 version:
One zp999 that could have 32gb of rom
One 3X that could be the same as the before but with 16 gb of rom.
And one lite version with hd screen not full hd but probably for chinese market!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Free mobile app

hopeayaska

Nov 15, 2014
Hi,
There are 3 version:
One zp999 that could have 32gb of rom
One 3X that could be the same as the before but with 16 gb of rom.
And one lite version with hd screen not full hd but probably for chinese market!

Thanks for the correction :) I still haven't decided from which site to order the 3X.

MrRimmer

Nov 10, 2008
Hello, do you think there will be an update to lollipop? Thank you

Only if Mediatek do it. Somehow I doubt it as they haven't even moved the MT6589 to 4.4. And like a lot of other SoC manufacturers they refuse to release code that is under GPL, so no-one else can do the work either.
Zopo and all the other manufacturers have their hands tied.

_mfm_

Nov 21, 2009
Only if Mediatek do it. Somehow I doubt it as they haven't even moved the MT6589 to 4.4. And like a lot of other SoC manufacturers they refuse to release code that is under GPL, so no-one else can do the work either.
Zopo and all the other manufacturers have their hands tied.

That is not correct, Mediatek has released 4.4 drivers for MT6589, MT6582 and MT6592 a long time ago. In particular, Lenovo has updated the MT6589-based phones P780, S820 and S920 to Android 4.4.

So if you have a MT6589-phone without Kitkat, blame the manufacturer.

hopeayaska

Nov 15, 2014
They guys at the Zopo forum just released the official ROM for the 999 and 3X but I have a question: doesn't the phone come preinstalled with this ROM? Do we need to flash it or is it just a ,,backup" if something goes wrong when flashing other unofficial roms? :confused:

MrRimmer

Nov 10, 2008
They guys at the Zopo forum just released the official ROM for the 999 and 3X but I have a question: doesn't the phone come preinstalled with this ROM? Do we need to flash it or is it just a ,,backup" if something goes wrong when flashing other unofficial roms? :confused:

Can you share a link to the ROM?

hopeayaska

Nov 15, 2014
http://www.zopomobileshop.com/content/9-download-zopo-mobile-latest-rom

Here it is. It's compatible with both the 3X and ZP999 :)

UPDATE: It seems that currently the 3X is avaliable in china but only with a couple of languages. One of the moderators on the Zopo forum explained that they made this new ROM to feature additional languages, but he didn't mention any more details. I'll ask him about the avaliability of Google services and if there are more differences between the two ROMS.

Last edited:
Reactions: way2aware

ghost45

Nov 10, 2012
P@th
New videos test in first page Video section,
difference betwenn zp999 and 3X , gps glonass, and others details:D:D

Cosmic_Colin

Nov 15, 2014
There seem to be delays with this phone. The seller has contacted me to say that Zopo has not been able to supply them, nor give an estimated date. I've heard similar things on other forums.

I'm deciding what to do now, as I need a new phone, but really the ZP999 was exactly what I wanted, and other phones aren't so ideal.

hopeayaska

Nov 15, 2014
Are they having supply problems with the official site-zopomobile? :(
If the 999 isn't avaliable there you can try the 3x- the only difference is the internal memory but both have SD card slots :D

Reactions: way2aware

Cosmic_Colin

Nov 15, 2014
Are they having supply problems with the official site-zopomobile? :(
If the 999 isn't avaliable there you can try the 3x- the only difference is the internal memory but both have SD card slots :D

I ordered from an eBay seller (who has been perfectly helpful) but I saw discussions on an italian forum that mentioned delays with zopomobileshop. I also heard mixed reports about delays with the 3X.

If anyone knows anywhere that definitely has either the ZP999 or 3X in stock, please let me know.

hopeayaska

Nov 15, 2014
On the zopomobileshop EU version (just change the .com with .eu) they have both models in stock. At least that's what it says. The 3X is on preorder and in stock and the 999 is also in stock :)

ghost45

Nov 10, 2012
P@th
There are too small quantities of these phone because the production is limited!

ghost45

Nov 10, 2012
P@th
Can you please give a link to the remaining quantities and the thread on the italian forum?

I do not have any link.... But i know that the production of these two phone are limited for moment.
And remember to respect the rules of xda... Do not write any external forum link here... Out moderator will warn you!

ghost45

Nov 10, 2012
P@th
Hi ayaska,
Return back to the brand forum... Have you received the informations that you need... Someone new have write.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I created a new recovery based in TWRP 2.8.7.0 but based in Android 6.0 source code with CM12.1, http://www.needrom.com/download/twrp-7/

Im close to compile and test my firtst rom zp999 cm12.1, I hope work all ok.
    @juliotec any aprox date on release and test?
    I compiled the first cm 12.1 rom but didn't boot im checking the problems in boot right now, but the recovery stock cm 12.1 work good, boot and install zips from internal storage and adb sideload too, so recovery cm 12.1 work all. So I think that system is ok, just need tweak the boot files to finish a first booteable cm12.1
    D
    Deleted member 5186178
    TWRP Recovery update:
    TWRP 2.8.4.0 v2
    I finished my custom rom with twrp recovery 2.8.7.0, this rom still be 4.4.2 but with my modifications writed in my previous post
    http://www.needrom.com/download/chilapos-rom/

Nom im working only with CM12.1
    Juliotec are you still with us? I hope so! Anyway I have had problems with inversion of memories as if I put an external sdcard the phone take it as sdcard0 and the internal storage as sdcard1. I really don't know why because this problems persists even if I set internal storage as default storage in Settings-->Memory
    Are there any fix? Or I did something wrong? Thank you in advance! ��
    Sorry a was a little busy, but im still develop cm12.1, im just trying to finish the init.rc to start testing the first cm12.1, im using the stock kernel, i dont like the source code from zopo they create more bugs than fix in each update, its crap, the source code has severals bugs and random restarts, gps give more problems, if my first cyanomoded work, i will do a new kernel, i will not leave this phone dead