FORUMS

Which OEM Would You Like to Help?

Most manufacturers have moments of greatness and moments of decadence, and in the past few years … more

Root T-Mobile S6/Edge on 5.1.1 Without Tripping Knox

If you purchase phones from a carrier, you may be no stranger to the difficulties … more

IonVR Coming Soon, HTC M9 Dev Edition Gets Android 5.1 – XDA TV

The HTC M9 Developer Edition has received Android 5.1. That and … more

Android 5.1.1 Omni ROM For Motorola Xoom

Back in Feb 2011, the Motorola Xoom became the first device to be sold with Android 3.0 … more

[Q] zp999 error with MTK droid tools

43 posts
Thanks Meter: 3
 
By raystef66, Member on 10th January 2015, 02:54 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hi All,

I want to backup my stock rom of my zp999 pro (build 20141218-145608) , make a scatter file so i can root my phone with sp-flash tools. (right procedure ?)
I have succesfully installed drivers.
But when i run the latest MTK Droidtool is can see the specs of my phone but on the right screen i get an error :
--- ERROR : --- TotalBytesPerChunk Not Found. Set default Page/Spare=2048/64 !!!
ATTENTION! File /system/recovery-from-boot.p which restore factory recovery in case of phone switching on in a normal mode Is Found!


Therefore i do not want to go further incase i should brick my phone with that.
Any suggestions wether it is safe to go further in mtkdroidtools or not?
Is Mtk droidtools working with MTK6595 devices after all?
Are there other methods to backup stock rom , make a scatter file and use SP Flashtool to root?

Any help is welcome.
 
 
11th January 2015, 04:45 PM |#2  
mohammad.nomaan's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Manama
Thanks Meter: 77
 
More
Use SP Flash tool read back method. Links and video tutorials available on YouTube

Sent from my XT1033 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to mohammad.nomaan For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th January 2015, 07:36 AM |#3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohammad.nomaan

Use SP Flash tool read back method. Links and video tutorials available on YouTube

Sent from my XT1033 using Tapatalk

Hi Mohammed.nomaan,
I could be mistaken but to make a backup of your ROM with SP FTools, i think we allways need MTK Droidtools , no ?
Correct me if i am wrong.
And why i get the error in MTK Droidtools ?

In the mean time i rooted my ZP999 correctly just by using a stockROM from Zopomobileshop.com (2 available), using SP FTools and Carliv reovery and Superuser to root in CWMrecovery.
12th January 2015, 10:22 AM |#4  
mohammad.nomaan's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Manama
Thanks Meter: 77
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by raystef66

Hi Mohammed.nomaan,
I could be mistaken but to make a backup of your ROM with SP FTools, i think we allways need MTK Droidtools , no ?
Correct me if i am wrong.
And why i get the error in MTK Droidtools ?

In the mean time i rooted my ZP999 correctly just by using a stockROM from Zopomobileshop.com (2 available), using SP FTools and Carliv reovery and Superuser to root in CWMrecovery.

Hi
Go through the tutorial here, this will answer all your queries
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s66e-kwvKUU

MTK droid tool is helpful to backup NVRam (IMEI) as well as phone ROM but you will need to create a scatter file.
This tutorial will teach you everything you need
thnx
12th January 2015, 10:44 AM |#5  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohammad.nomaan

Hi
Go through the tutorial here, this will answer all your queries
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s66e-kwvKUU

MTK droid tool is helpful to backup NVRam (IMEI) as well as phone ROM but you will need to create a scatter file.
This tutorial will teach you everything you need
thnx

Thanks - i looked this video a while ago.
But making a scatter file of your actual ROM implies you need to work with MTK droid tools. And this program gives an error....so not working with this phone.
Correct me if i am wrong.
12th January 2015, 11:21 AM |#6  
mohammad.nomaan's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Manama
Thanks Meter: 77
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by raystef66

Thanks - i looked this video a while ago.
But making a scatter file of your actual ROM implies you need to work with MTK droid tools. And this program gives an error....so not working with this phone.
Correct me if i am wrong.

If you sure that you are making the scatter file correctly, it should not give u issues.
Try to check the files in scatter and then readback the whole rom, even if its not rooted, it should work
12th January 2015, 01:10 PM |#7  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohammad.nomaan

If you sure that you are making the scatter file correctly, it should not give u issues.
Try to check the files in scatter and then readback the whole rom, even if its not rooted, it should work

The program gives an error when connecting the phone to usb. See attachment.
I do not take the risk to go further.
But i am rooted now with a stock Rom and Carliv recovery , so i am fine !
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	zp999-mtk error.JPG
Views:	60
Size:	65.5 KB
ID:	3111306  
12th January 2015, 02:00 PM |#8  
mohammad.nomaan's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Manama
Thanks Meter: 77
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by raystef66

The program gives an error when connecting the phone to usb. See attachment.
I do not take the risk to go further.
But i am rooted now with a stock Rom and Carliv recovery , so i am fine !

The Blue box on the bottom means you do not have shell root to proceed. It should be Green (Proper root or Yellow to get shell root)
Flash the Chainfire zip and try again, you should see a yellow box if not green but not blue
The Following User Says Thank You to mohammad.nomaan For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th January 2015, 05:25 PM |#9  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohammad.nomaan

The Blue box on the bottom means you do not have shell root to proceed. It should be Green (Proper root or Yellow to get shell root)
Flash the Chainfire zip and try again, you should see a yellow box if not green but not blue

As a matter of fact , the previous picture was BEFORE i was rooted.
Now that i am rooted, MTK Droid Tools give me a yellow square with some additive info....(to get root shell)

So as i can understand, i could not use MTK DTools unless i was rooted , right???

Now it is no longer necessary to backup with MTK DT because i am rooted now

ps : what do you mean with Chainfire ?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	zp999-mtk droid tools after Root.JPG
Views:	40
Size:	66.9 KB
ID:	3111635  
Last edited by raystef66; 12th January 2015 at 05:38 PM.
13th January 2015, 01:00 PM |#10  
mohammad.nomaan's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Manama
Thanks Meter: 77
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by raystef66

As a matter of fact , the previous picture was BEFORE i was rooted.
ps : what do you mean with Chainfire ?

I referring to the SU Zip file by chainfire that can we flashed to get root access. Anyway since you already have it just read here -
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=169
Once you have shell root on MTK droid tool (If you see yellow, click on the root link on MTK and it will get shell root to proceed.
Then you can have a full backup of IMEI and stock rom to play around
thnx
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes