OP marcusloke

29th August 2014, 11:02 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Yangon
Thanks Meter: 12

38 posts
More
Hi All

I have been scouring the net for any way to install gapps succesfully on a ZTE Nubia Z7 max

This is a wonderful phone minus the google services and apps like hangouts which plenty of my contacts uses.

My phone has been rooted (HURRAH) with Towelroot and SU

But I cannot seem to install via ROM MANAGER or GOO.IM Manager the CWM or TWRP recovery ROM, it always reboot back to Nubia Recovery

Even following the other thread on Z7 mini on installing 3 files via ROOT EXPLORER does not work.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/gene...t2846520/page5

I have the following on my phone

1. Nubia UI V2.5.0

2. Android 4.4.2

Kernel Version 3.4.0-perf-gbd8e2f8
nubia@swlab-1t037 #1
Wed Jul 9 15:15 CST 2014

4. Build Number : NX505J_CNCommon_V1.29

5. Hardware Version : NX505JMB_A

I do know that it is doable but no idea how to do it. Here is a link from youtube showing this guy from HK with a working google play market.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdeOXmPzD9w

Can someone please kindly provide a simple step by step guide, if you have already installed gapps into this phone. It will be much appreciate.
Last edited by marcusloke; 30th August 2014 at 04:11 PM.
30th August 2014, 06:51 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 7

50 posts
Google on Nubia Z7 max
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcusloke

Hi All

I have been scouring the net for any way to install gapps succesfully on a ZTE Nubia Z7 max

This is a wonderful phone minus the google services and apps like hangouts which plenty of my contacts uses.

My phone has been rooted (HURRAH) with Towelroot and SU

But I cannot seem to install via ROM MANAGER or GOO.IM Manager the CWM or TWRP recovery ROM, it always reboot back to Nubia Recovery

Even following the other thread on Z7 mini on installing 3 files via ROOT EXPLORER does not work.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/gene...t2846520/page5

I have the following on my phone

1. Nubia UI V2.5.0

2. Android 4.4.2

Kernel Version 3.4.0-perf-gbd8e2f8
nubia@swlab-1t037 #1
Wed Jul 9 15:15 CST 2014

4. Build Number : NX505J_CNCommon_V1.29

5. Hardware Version : NX505JMB_A

I do know that it is doable but no idea how to do it. Here is a link from youtube showing this guy from HK with a working google play market.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdeOXmPzD9w

Can someone please kindly provide a simple step by step guide, if you have already installed gapps into this phone. It will be much appreciate.

You mentioned you read http://forum.xda-developers.com/andr...7-max-t2832760 .

So you have to follow that steps.

First of all do a factory reset! Tick everything!

First download Nubia Z7 drivers to your PC. Connect your phone, wait the end of setting up. The set up procedure worgked for me without drivers, because my mobile get drivers inside...

So copy that two root apks to your mobile, run Towel root, wait until reboot. Then run super su apk. If asks what mode, use normal. Reboot. Check super su! Do you have root, if yes OK, if not do it again. Do not step forward without root.

Then use Z7_max_r_e_c_0801.rar. Unrar it! Go to Settings - About phone and tap 4-6 times (I do not remember) to "Build-number" After that you will become developer! Go to the last item in Settings, to "More..." Go into "developer option" Find USB debugging and switch on!

After that connect your phone to PC start Nubia-z7-Max-Tools-0801.exe and follow the steps (Push ENTERS )

At the en of the process, your phone reboot. Copy the latest gapps 4.4.2 from www.teamandroid.com/gapps/ to the root of your phone. Swith off your phone. Wair until it vibrate. Vol up + Power button for ~5 secs, then you are in CWM, if you do everything well. It is chinese, but do not worry!

The first line is reboot. You need the second one. Push Vol down once then Power. Push Power again, find gapps zip with Vol buttons, then push Power. Wait the end of process, go to the last line push Power, then Power on the first line to reboot.

That is it! You have GOOGLE!

Good luck!

Lazsosz
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lazsosz For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th August 2014, 01:48 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Flag Yangon
Thanks Meter: 12

38 posts
More
Hello Lazsosz

A Great thank you

The steps you mentioned worked like a charm

The Z7_max_r_e_c_0801.rar did the trick

It took some meddling a couple of times but finally it got installed.

This is all I need!!!!

Cheerios!!!
Last edited by marcusloke; 30th August 2014 at 04:16 PM. Reason: solved!!!!!
9th October 2014, 10:54 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Some questions
Hi!
I just bought a z7 max, and I also need to root it to get gapps. I'm not sure what to do with the Z7_max_r_e_c_0801.rar, can anyone advise? Also, is there phone's performance affected in anyway by the root? I once rooted my phone and it turned really slow.

Thank you!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread