Intro to Cryptographic Currencies

Search This thread

IndiaMikeZulu

Sep 3, 2014
Bitcoin, Litecoin, Dogecoin, Unobtanium!!

Hi, guys. The requirement to establish bona fides here seems fair. So:

I am a crypto-graphic currency geek -- that's Bitcoin and Friends. My android skills are pathetic -- but the two technologies are rapidly being bundled together. I have two 'wallets' on my smartphone.

So -- I will try to answer questions, and I suspect that I will learn a lot from you guys. My specialty is analysing coins and their communities. And my goal is to post info about an android app.

Is Bitcoin the only 'crypto'? Nah -- over 700. Is it the best? Well, it's 'first-generation': but it holds 95% of total market-cap, so it is The Biggie. Are there different types of cryptos? Whoa!! Yes.

Mark (IndiaMikeZulu), Australia

Last edited:

IndiaMikeZulu

Sep 3, 2014
Your First Android Crypto-Wallet?

The biggest problem is learning to secure crypto coin in the first place. You have to learn how to 'set up' a buy on the net (through a bank in your country); go to the bank; deposit the 'fiat' currency (ordinary money); wait for your crypto to turn up in your wallet.

So, ya gotta start with a wallet:

you will find Litecoin and Bitcoin wallets in Google Play Store. Download one. It will 'synch,' which means that it will suck up the data that IS the currency. The coins are not in your smartphone. They are in the 'blockchain.' You can chuck the phone down the well. Doesn't matter . . . if you have 'archived the keys.'

We'll do that tomorrow.

Last edited:

IndiaMikeZulu

Sep 3, 2014
I searched. There are plenty of references to 'Bitcoin' here. But most aren't recent.

Bitcoin holds 95% of total crypto market-cap. It is a great coin because it has 'brand awareness.' However, if you are a serious technophile, you might like to know that it is 'first generation.'

The second-generation coins are sometimes not even currencies: it's all about the 'blockchain,' on which you can run a currency or a 'protocol' that includes a currency (or other) or even a thing -- 'asset' -- that is like a company, with stocks (coins) that you trade.

But the bottom line is: ask me how you and a couple of mates can run a $3 experiment in cryptos and android wallets. I'd be glad to do it.

IndiaMikeZulu

Sep 3, 2014
The fascinating/incomprehensible reality at this second is the way in which technologies are being linked to technologies are being linked to technologies. It's a no-brainer that android-savvie people would love and profit from cryptos. In particular is Nxt's 'SAE,' where innovators can launch coins to raise funds for projects.

Mark

IndiaMikeZulu

Sep 3, 2014
Big News:

Paypal -- Braintree -- looks like accepting Bitcoin

A year ago, cryptographic currencies were hard to spend. At present, they are accepted by Amtrak, Virgin Airline, Expedia.com, CheapAir, Revpar Guru, Toshiba, Dell Computers

Nxttycoin is Nos. 16 on the charts today.

Last edited:

IndiaMikeZulu

Sep 3, 2014
Okay, the release on Google Play Store of the Nxttycoin app is only about a week away. Nxxtycon is Nos. 14 on the charts -- and Overstock has just announced that it will accept Bitcoin.

Ask my any questions you want.

IndiaMikeZulu

Sep 3, 2014
Never a dull moment! The Mining Thing has lowered crypto prices -- but adoption is just raging. Nxttycoin is so so so close to being released.

Ask any questions you like.

Mark, (IndiaMikeZulu), Australia

IndiaMikeZulu

Sep 3, 2014
Crypto prices are rising (we have a fair idea of what caused the drop). Nxttycoin should be released at the end of this month.