FORUMS

Security root

1,375 posts
Thanks Meter: 473

By Loulou-13, Senior Member on 18th May 2015, 10:02 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
hi !

i have a very important question about root methods :

All these recents chinese and "exotics" methods are SAFE themselves ???!!! ( vroot ,iroot .... ) ...and the last one with KINGROOT . Which are "good" ?

these apps are backdors ? they are viruses or malwares themselves ? (trojan , IMEI and datas piracy ..... )

I see lots of discusions and rumors about these apps but never REAL devellopers opinions and tests here on XDA ( for members sensitization ) ,and i think that it's necessary to clarify ,it's important !

thank ...

18th May 2015, 01:09 PM |#2  
Outer Space
Thanks Meter: 80

More
Kingroot was reported to harvest IMEIs.
As for the others, they are reported to be safe. The one click root methods, at least for android 4.4, were based on an exploit of android to root them.
As of 5.0, at least for my phone, there are no root methods. I had to unlock the bootloader to get a custom rom on my phone, or pre root a select firmware.

If you are feeling paranoid, use a firewall and monitor traffic.
18th May 2015, 01:51 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Marseille
Thanks Meter: 473

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowcore

Kingroot was reported to harvest IMEIs.
As for the others, they are reported to be safe. The one click root methods, at least for android 4.4, were based on an exploit of android to root them.
As of 5.0, at least for my phone, there are no root methods. I had to unlock the bootloader to get a custom rom on my phone, or pre root a select firmware.

If you are feeling paranoid, use a firewall and monitor traffic.

it's kingoroot ( http://www.kingoapp.com/ ) who was reported ?! ......but no kingroot http://www.kingroot.net/ ????
16th June 2015, 07:46 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
The safer method is doing it manually without 3rd party apps..
The Following User Says Thank You to xguyss For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)