Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

may pattern/pincode lock lead in permanently loose of phones?

OP Cyboy

11th July 2014, 02:07 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 34

294 posts
More
since i have installed APM'advanced power menu' on my Xgo 4.1.2, i realized what would happen if my device get lost or stolen with pattern unlock on or moreever with anti-theft function enabled by the app?then this made me create this toppic thinking would become a good idea.
I asked this from the dev but also your ideas would be welcome...
(which one would you preffer ?
having :
-pattern/pin code set on ,then accept this risk that may your device get suddenly re-flashed or thrown away or atleast shutdown(out of power) for long time by the theft?
Or
-nothing on (or just swipe to unlock) and let the theft to easily use your phone then may getting chance to track him/her by any third party pre-installed device-tracker app?)

i myself have choosed to set swipe ,plus of its fascilities its more reasonable for me.
So how about you?
Excuse my bad English
Last edited by Cyboy; 11th July 2014 at 03:03 PM.
15th July 2014, 12:25 AM   |  #2  
Flag Dresden
Thanks Meter: 73

61 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmad990

since i have installed APM'advanced power menu' on my Xgo 4.1.2, i realized what would happen if my device get lost or stolen with pattern unlock on or moreever with anti-theft function enabled by the app?then this made me create this toppic thinking would become a good idea.
I asked this from the dev but also your ideas would be welcome...
(which one would you preffer ?
having :
-pattern/pin code set on ,then accept this risk that may your device get suddenly re-flashed or thrown away or atleast shutdown(out of power) for long time by the theft?
Or
-nothing on (or just swipe to unlock) and let the theft to easily use your phone then may getting chance to track him/her by any third party pre-installed device-tracker app?)

i myself have choosed to set swipe ,plus of its fascilities its more reasonable for me.
So how about you?
Excuse my bad English

I think it depends on what kind of data you store on your phone. If there is data from my company or private photos and such I want my device encrypted and locked up, because I don't want that persons other than me are able to get this data. But that is a personal decision. Also I think as a thief I would check the phone and if there is no interesting data I would factory reset it, if there is a screen lock or not.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
anti theft, lost, security, stolen, track down
Previous Thread Next Thread