Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

returned a defective sd card to walmart - had/has lots of backup data on it..

OP leopard_fist

4th September 2014, 04:46 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 5

54 posts
Hello, well I returned an sd card to walmart that i'd had a couple months - it had slightly broken which is why it wouldn't work correctly.

I had some titanium backups on there, and also a couple nandroids I think - the titanium backups contained my email app with accounts etc., my contacts etc. also.

I'm not trying to be paranoid, but does anyone have any thoughts on this? It seems I read somewhere that an sd card used in one phone, will not read correctly on any other phone, and afterall, the card is defective (why I returned it).
Thanks
4th September 2014, 06:02 AM   |  #2  
Moderator Committee - The Dark Knight
Flag Watching from the Shadows
Thanks Meter: 11,810

15,299 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by leopard_fist

Hello, well I returned an sd card to walmart that i'd had a couple months - it had slightly broken which is why it wouldn't work correctly.

I had some titanium backups on there, and also a couple nandroids I think - the titanium backups contained my email app with accounts etc., my contacts etc. also.

I'm not trying to be paranoid, but does anyone have any thoughts on this? It seems I read somewhere that an sd card used in one phone, will not read correctly on any other phone, and afterall, the card is defective (why I returned it).
Thanks

I have used the same card across many devices with no issues but you have no worries as after you returned it. They have a policy that it us thrown away in the compactor so chances are you are safe.
The Following User Says Thank You to zelendel For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th September 2014, 08:14 AM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 5

54 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelendel

I have used the same card across many devices with no issues but you have no worries as after you returned it. They have a policy that it us thrown away in the compactor so chances are you are safe.

thanks for thoughts
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread