Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,714 Members 47,893 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Spy call recording, a big scam or a marketin tactic? feedback on spy software apps

Tip us?

Qattaj
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Thumbs down Spy call recording, a big scam or a marketin tactic? feedback on spy software apps

Many spy software providers claim the "Call Recording" feature, but the truth is that it's just a marketing technique to tempt you to purchase their highest package.

I have tested - or contacted - mspy.com | spybubble.com | mobile-spy.com | flexispy.com | mobistealth.com | phonesheriff.com | stealthgenie.com and many others to understand how do they record calls as confirmed on their websites.

The results is that all of them are providing the "Record Surroundings" feature which is easy to develop, but since all of them have failed to break the Android security system to record calls, they decided to use the exact same "Record Surroundings" feature and call it "Call recording" too.

A friend called me and I recorded the call, logged into my control panel, downloaded the recorded audio file and played it to hear my voice only! I was literally talking to myself in that audio file!!

Bottom line
  1. Android's security is still solid even with rooted phones
  2. None of the companies above stated the naked truth on their websites
  3. Never believe everything you read on features page
  4. Be smart before you buy anything online, contact the sales rep. and ask him to explain how your most important features work, also ask him about the refund policy, and the guarantee if their software fails to deliver what's mentioned on their features page.
The Following User Says Thank You to Qattaj For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

repat
Old
Thanks Meter 2

DONATE TO ME
Default advemsu should

I think it also depends a lot on the phone because it would be a function that's on a very low level.

I guess the only way to record calls that always works is with external equipment, e.g. use the audio jack with a recorder and an external headset on a Y-cable.

But that's a legal issues too. I don't know about your country, but I'm sure that if you don't inform the person on the line beforehand it would be illegal here.

taduongngoc
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Thanks

colita35@gmail.com
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qattaj View Post
Many spy software providers claim the "Call Recording" feature, but the truth is that it's just a marketing technique to tempt you to purchase their highest package.

I have tested - or contacted - mspy.com | spybubble.com | mobile-spy.com | flexispy.com | mobistealth.com | phonesheriff.com | stealthgenie.com and many others to understand how do they record calls as confirmed on their websites.

The results is that all of them are providing the "Record Surroundings" feature which is easy to develop, but since all of them have failed to break the Android security system to record calls, they decided to use the exact same "Record Surroundings" feature and call it "Call recording" too.

A friend called me and I recorded the call, logged into my control panel, downloaded the recorded audio file and played it to hear my voice only! I was literally talking to myself in that audio file!!

Bottom line
  1. Android's security is still solid even with rooted phones
  2. None of the companies above stated the naked truth on their websites
  3. Never believe everything you read on features page
  4. Be smart before you buy anything online, contact the sales rep. and ask him to explain how your most important features work, also ask him about the refund policy, and the guarantee if their software fails to deliver what's mentioned on their features page.
I have used xposed framework to download a mod that enables call recording on Samsung phones. I tested it on my galaxy s3 and it record both voices.

redbulldrinker
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by colita35@gmail.com View Post
I have used xposed framework to download a mod that enables call recording on Samsung phones. I tested it on my galaxy s3 and it record both voices.
What mod on the S3 did you use? I saw one for the S5

I get just static with mspy on the S3