Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,779,301 Members 50,570 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Bootloop?

Tip us?

GameExpertNetwork
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Prompt Bootloop?

I have a NX008HD8G(manufactured after august 2013), with Stock recovery(android recovery 3e)

I edited the build.prop to change "codename" from "REL" to "L". I need to change this back, since it gets stuck on the final bootanimation(bootanimation.zip)!!! I need to access ADB or terminal or change build.prop from the stock recovery!!! How do i do this? Or can someone give me a stock rom I can sideload?

P.S - ADB does not detect my device when in recovery

I'm new, so move this thread if needed!

KJ
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3245
Hi there,

I found a guide on changing build.prop, including pulling it with adb, editing it and putting it back.

So you need to sort your driver issue out on the PC and get out to see your device first, otherwise you will have trouble....even trying to restore stock if editing fails.

>*Samsung Epic 4G*>*Epic 4G General*>*Editing build.prop tutorial

Keep in mind this is a different devices thread....so do not install or flash anything you find here. But the ADB method should be the same.

Good luck!

---------- Post added at 12:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:09 AM ----------

As far as stock firmware....I can find nothing on XDA about it. You could ask here about that, or anything else...including issues with build.prop.

>*Android Development and Hacking*>*Android Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting
Sent from my new HTC One M8, N7, Moto X, GTab3 or S2.

Need help with poor battery life on the N5...or any device really? Lots of info in first 4 posts! >>>>
[Battery Life Help] Troubleshoot Battery Issues Here....and Tips

GameExpertNetwork
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJ View Post
Hi there,

I found a guide on changing build.prop, including pulling it with adb, editing it and putting it back.

So you need to sort your driver issue out on the PC and get out to see your device first, otherwise you will have trouble....even trying to restore stock if editing fails.

>*Samsung Epic 4G*>*Epic 4G General*>*Editing build.prop tutorial

Keep in mind this is a different devices thread....so do not install or flash anything you find here. But the ADB method should be the same.

Good luck!

---------- Post added at 12:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:09 AM ----------

As far as stock firmware....I can find nothing on XDA about it. You could ask here about that, or anything else...including issues with build.prop.

>*Android Development and Hacking*>*Android Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting

I need to access build.prop while in recovery.... and I installed both the Google USB drivers and Universal ADB drivers...

KJ
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3245
Well, you may need to track down your factory image....but...if you can't get your computer to see your phone, you may have a problem.

Try another computer and set up the drivers. Or try another USB port on yours. And try another cable.

You won't fix it from recovery.

All that said, please see the purpose of XDA Assist...

>*General discussion*>*XDA Assist*>*The Purpose of XDA Assist [Please Read]

We don't do support here....just directions to threads and sections. I've shown you the General Q&A section above, and in your previous XDA Assist thread. There's no section for your device, so that's where you can ask all future questions.

Good luck!
Sent from my new HTC One M8, N7, Moto X, GTab3 or S2.

Need help with poor battery life on the N5...or any device really? Lots of info in first 4 posts! >>>>
[Battery Life Help] Troubleshoot Battery Issues Here....and Tips

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe