No registration required
Thread Closed

Considering rooting my device

OP Exhibitioner

19th August 2014, 09:46 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

21 posts
Hey, so recently I've seen quite a few good and useful advantages for rooting my phone but a few disadvantages if i did decide to root my device, I would go ahead with this process however I'm not sure where to go from here and if i should actually root my phone.

I have a HTC One Mini and I've got a few questions about rooting since I haven't really done it before just read about it and watched videos about it,

Some questions I have:
If I did decide to root my phone what would be the best way(e.g. the most trusted/popular tutorial for rooting etc) and where should I go from here?
If I did root it, what would be the chance of bricking it and actually breaking it fully to the point of no return?
If I did go and root it is there any way to revert back to a non-rooted device or will it be rooted forever if I do root it?

Is there anything else I would need to know before I did root it?

Thank you for reading.
Last edited by Siberian Tiger; 21st August 2014 at 10:51 AM.
19th August 2014, 10:08 PM   |  #2  
XDA: ASSIST
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 15,448

8,730 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhibitioner

Hey, so recently I've seen quite a few good and useful advantages for rooting my phone but a few disadvantages if i did decide to root my device, I would go ahead with this process however I'm not sure where to go from here and if i should actually root my phone.

I have a HTC One Mini and I've got a few questions about rooting since I haven't really done it before just read about it and watched videos about it,

Some questions I have:
If I did decide to root my phone what would be the best way(e.g. the most trusted/popular tutorial for rooting etc) and where should I go from here?
If I did root it, what would be the chance of bricking it and actually breaking it fully to the point of no return?
If I did go and root it is there any way to revert back to a non-rooted device or will it be rooted forever if I do root it?

Thank you for reading.

Best way is too read the HTC One Mini > One Mini Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting > Frequently Asked Questions thread.
Q2 is about rooting.
You can find more useful information and guides in the HTC One Mini > One Mini General forum.
And if you have further questions, please ask in the HTC One Mini > One Mini Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting forum.
21st August 2014, 04:22 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhibitioner

Some questions I have:

Thank you for reading.

Bricking it would be a very miniscule chance. I doubt you would brick your phone because it only will happen if something just went AWOL.

As for unrooting possiblilities, It is possible. Don't know how you can unroot a HTC One Mini but im sure there is a easy way.
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread