Thread Closed

Contacts Sync

OP shree_tejas

28th August 2014, 08:48 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 292

2,111 posts
Hello.

I use a Galaxy Y and as you know, it has a very small internal memory. We have CM7 and CM11 now and the thing with CM is we have to externally flash gapps. Considering the small memory, I hesitate to flash the gapps package and I've tried my level best to isolate myself from using Google services on my phone. But the one thing I cannot stop using is the contacts sync feature because when exporting the contacts to the SD card, the exporting seem to miss some contacts. So I have to use the cloud sync feature for my contacts but then for that one feature I'll have to flash the whole package and wait for everything to update bla bla ...

Is there any other service that I can use with which I can sync my contacts ( to gmail to? Not send it as an attachment) and not lose any contacts? Any help appreciated.

P.s also, I had come across a thread somewhere about a person moving away from Google services altogether but never managed to find it again.
28th August 2014, 11:08 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 808

844 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shree_tejas

Hello.

I use a Galaxy Y and as you know, it has a very small internal memory. We have CM7 and CM11 now and the thing with CM is we have to externally flash gapps. Considering the small memory, I hesitate to flash the gapps package and I've tried my level best to isolate myself from using Google services on my phone. But the one thing I cannot stop using is the contacts sync feature because when exporting the contacts to the SD card, the exporting seem to miss some contacts. So I have to use the cloud sync feature for my contacts but then for that one feature I'll have to flash the whole package and wait for everything to update bla bla ...

Is there any other service that I can use with which I can sync my contacts ( to gmail to? Not send it as an attachment) and not lose any contacts? Any help appreciated.

P.s also, I had come across a thread somewhere about a person moving away from Google services altogether but never managed to find it again.

I can't really think of a solution to your problem without using gapps, so my suggestion is to just use as few gapps as possible: [GAPPS][GUIDE][TOOL] PROJECT SLIM-8mb GApps & AUTO SLIM-FACTORY (free 134mb /system) have a look at this link and go the gapps folder to pick the right package for your OS (just give me a shout if you're confused) and it'll only use up less than 10MB but it contains contacts sync which you need. Hope this helps
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread