XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

error: cannot load unlock_code.bin

Tip us?

LuckyXII
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy error: cannot load unlock_code.bin

So I've read the other threads about this and tried pretty much everything what am I doing wrong?

1: type in "/k cd c:\" to switch from C:\Users\johan> to C:
2:C:\>adb\fastboot flash unlocktoken Unlock_code.bin (which gives error cannot open "Unlock_code.bin")

file is in C:adb along with:
adb.exe
adbwinapi.dll
adbwinusbapi.dll
fastboot
fastboot.exe

additional info:
the unlock file is only 1kb is this normal?
"adb devices" shows no devices but fastboot works don't know why

any of the above causing the problem?

HTCDreamOn
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 689
I assume you're simply trying to unlock the bootloader? Could you post more details please about your device, e.g. manufacturer, exact model, then I'll be able to help you. Also can you show me what guide you're following and exactly what you're trying to accomplish?

(I'm assuming you're missing drivers which is why I'm asking you for this info).

LuckyXII
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTCDreamOn View Post
I assume you're simply trying to unlock the bootloader? Could you post more details please about your device, e.g. manufacturer, exact model, then I'll be able to help you. Also can you show me what guide you're following and exactly what you're trying to accomplish?

(I'm assuming you're missing drivers which is why I'm asking you for this info).
It's a HTC ONE S that I got and since I hadn't used android b4 I instead of doing a system update I updated some kind of CID that was on the phone which locked the phone in to "this build is for developers only..."

trying to bring it back to stock installing an RUU failed for some reason(the RUU being the one already in use since the phone is S-ON)
fastboot and adb drivers are installed, I can find my device in fastboot but not adb. enabling USB debugging should fix this but I can't enter the phone while it's looping and I've found no way of enabling it via cmd

this is what the phone shows while in boot:
VLE PVT SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT-2.15.0000
RADIO-1.11.50.05.28 (RUU_Ville_U_JB_45_S_HTC_Europe_3.16.401.8_Radio_1 . 11.50.05.28_10.27.50.08L_release_301814_signed_2_4 is the RUU I tried running)
OpenDPS-v31.1.0.45.0815
eMMC-boot
Dec 14 2012. 17:10:57:-1

and correct I'm trying to unlock bootloader through htcdev then repeating the process and locking the loader, running the RUU again... if this doesn't work I guess I can go S-OFF (but then I need USB debugging) and picking any RUU see if that works

and prior to getting this phone I had never touched an android so I have 0 experience

I have downloaded the SDK and htc sync

tried following these guides:
http://androidforums.com/one-s-all-t...htc-one-s.html
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1315947

and this is my original asking thread trying to get my phone back to stock:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/htc-...ently-t2813586

LuckyXII
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I am retarded

since I got this phone second hand I didn't know what had been done with it other than what I installed to cause my problems...
one of the things that had been done previously was unlocking bootloader.. hence the very obvious "Unlocked" in the boot menu.... sooo unlocking an unlocked bootloader was kinda redundant

tried oem locking the boot b4 but missed to specify where the files where (C:adb), lock worked and RUU installed without a hing!

thanks for your help!
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe