Android 5.0.2 and New Factory Images For Nexus 7 (Wi-Fi) Available

Android 5.0 is has been publicly available since early November, and the … more

Github Tutorial App Shows You How to Use… Github

Github can get pretty complicated and using it can become quite daunting, especially … more

Google Glass-like Clip-On For Regular Glasses Developed by Sony

For the price of $2,000, a pair of glasses that can run apps, take pictures, … more

Micromax Takes OnePlus to Court! Android Wear Receives Lollipop – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop is available officially for the Moto 360! … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Thread Closed

[Q] Help with Nexus 7 2012!

OP theBlissfulReveler

2nd September 2014, 05:19 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

8 posts
So I had my n7 rooted and rom'd, but then i had to go back to stock, to return it to the sc for fixing my speaker- at least that's what i wanted.
I tried going back to stock using the nexus root toolkit, and using fastboot.
Always, i get one error or the other- sometimes it gets stuck on sending system, sometimes it just says everything failed, or 'failed to allocate so and so bytes'
Now I am thinking of flashing a custom recovery again, and then flashing stock. Is it really as simple as using a fastboot command to do so?
Or is there something else I need to do?
Thank you.
Last edited by Siberian Tiger; 5th September 2014 at 09:22 PM.
2nd September 2014, 05:25 PM   |  #2  
XDA: ASSIST
Recognized Contributor
Flag The boonies - southwest Ontario
Thanks Meter: 4,862

13,363 posts
More
Hi,

Here's a guide on returning to stock...

Nexus 7 > Nexus 7 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting > [GUIDE] Flashing a Factory Image with fastboot / return to stock

You can ask for help there as well. Do try another cable and another USB port on computer. Or even another computer if you can.

Good luck!
2nd September 2014, 05:37 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

8 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJ

Hi,

Here's a guide on returning to stock...

Nexus 7 > Nexus 7 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting > [GUIDE] Flashing a Factory Image with fastboot / return to stock

You can ask for help there as well. Do try another cable and another USB port on computer. Or even another computer if you can.

Good luck!

Thank you for your reply
But the thing is, i followed those and always ended up in trouble.
Right now, I dont have any rom installed, and my tablet won't boot into recovery so i know it doesn't have recovery either.
At this point, i need to know if i can just flash a custom recovery and then install stock.
2nd September 2014, 05:45 PM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor

13,363 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by theBlissfulReveler

Thank you for your reply
But the thing is, i followed those and always ended up in trouble.
Right now, I dont have any rom installed, and my tablet won't boot into recovery so i know it doesn't have recovery either.
At this point, i need to know if i can just flash a custom recovery and then install stock.

Yes, you can find a stock rom, or whatever rom and try to install it.

Tho, there's no reason why you shouldn't be able to flash stock. A bad cable or USB port is usually the issue.

Here is the link to the N7 2012 section. Depending on whether you have the WiFi or 3g model... Roms can be found in the appropriate development sections.

Nexus 7

I still believe you should troubleshoot the flashing issue in the first thread I linked, by asking for help.

Otherwise, any further questions or issues.. Please use the N7 Q&A section to post your issue/question.

---------- Post added at 11:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:44 AM ----------

And most roms are not 100 percent stock. So unless you use fastboot as the guide I linked details... You won't be 100 percent stock.
The Following User Says Thank You to Darth For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th September 2014, 06:26 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

8 posts
I'm sorry to bother again, but nothing is working- still.
I tried using TWRP but not even wiping works, and it says 'cannot mount /data' all the time.
Still no success with fastboot, always gets stuck when i flash system.
4th September 2014, 09:40 PM   |  #6  
Recognized Contributor

13,363 posts
More
Unfortunately this is not the thread for support or troubleshooting. Please see why here...

The Purpose of XDA Assist

I gave you the link to the N7 section. The Q&A section is where to ask for further help. 👍

Good luck again!

---------- Post added at 03:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:37 PM ----------
@demkantor , a colleague of mine, says this thread should help you. You can ask for help in it too... He monitors the thread and always is helpful...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2277112
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread