Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,340 Members 43,342 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Need help with rooting Ascend Y300!!!

Tip us?

goku1234567890
Old
(Last edited by vanessaem; 2nd August 2014 at 01:40 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Need help with rooting Ascend Y300!!!

Hello guys how are you? i found this thread here which explains how can i root my phone without unlocking bootloader. (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=41714109). I just wanted to ask one thing that how can i install a software so that i can backup official rom incase anything goes wrong and i have to re-flash that rom and if anyone can tell me the procedure to do it. And if you guys could, can anyone one of you tell me how can i unroot it if i need to sent it for warranty. Thanks that is all i wanted to ask

KJ
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,525
Hi!

You can ask questions in the thread you linked. For any help, that's where to ask.

I'll tell you though, after looking at that, you can't install a custom recovery.... So backing up your whole system won't be possible. Not without a custom recovery to do it.

If you're very concerned.... Don't do it.

Good luck!
Sent from my new HTC One M8, N7, Moto X, GTab3 or S2.

Need help with poor battery life? Any device welcome, even tho its an N5 thread. Please specify if on a device other than N5. Lots of info in first 4 posts! >>>>
[Battery Life Help] Troubleshoot Battery Issues Here....and Tips

goku1234567890
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJ View Post
Hi!

You can ask questions in the thread you linked. For any help, that's where to ask.

I'll tell you though, after looking at that, you can't install a custom recovery.... So backing up your whole system won't be possible. Not without a custom recovery to do it.

If you're very concerned.... Don't do it.

Good luck!
So i did root this phone although not by the one mentioned in the thread (i installed the drivers but the unlock root couldn't detect my device). I followed another method in which i have to unlock bootloader and in that i could only reach to the point of unlocking boot loader and flashing twrp recovery but twrp recovery screen wasn't working so i was stuck with unlocked bootloader and browsed the net for several hours until i found the
ProHunter method of Modaco forum in which he provided a complete software to unlock, install recovery, and then install SuperSU. But now i am concerned about one thing. Can anybody of guys tell me how can i completely backup my system so that i can restore it if something bad happens? And can any of you guys be kind enough and tell me how can i backup my stock rom i would be in forever debt of you. Thanks for the reply.

KJ
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,525
Quote:
Originally Posted by goku1234567890 View Post
So i did root this phone although not by the one mentioned in the thread (i installed the drivers but the unlock root couldn't detect my device). I followed another method in which i have to unlock bootloader and in that i could only reach to the point of unlocking boot loader and flashing twrp recovery but twrp recovery screen wasn't working so i was stuck with unlocked bootloader and browsed the net for several hours until i found the
ProHunter method of Modaco forum in which he provided a complete software to unlock, install recovery, and then install SuperSU. But now i am concerned about one thing. Can anybody of guys tell me how can i completely backup my system so that i can restore it if something bad happens? And can any of you guys be kind enough and tell me how can i backup my stock rom i would be in forever debt of you. Thanks for the reply.
You need a custom recovery installed, like twrp or cwm, then you do a nandroid backup in the recovery.

Any further questions about that device should go here...

>*Android Development and Hacking*>*Android Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting

We are here to provide directions around the site... Not support. ☺

Good luck!
Sent from my new HTC One M8, N7, Moto X, GTab3 or S2.

Need help with poor battery life? Any device welcome, even tho its an N5 thread. Please specify if on a device other than N5. Lots of info in first 4 posts! >>>>
[Battery Life Help] Troubleshoot Battery Issues Here....and Tips

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe