Thread Closed

How do i recover data from a soft bricked phone?

OP 1H4X3R

23rd August 2014, 01:09 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

10 posts
Hi,
i am new here so maybe i didn't use the term "soft bricked" correctly.
I downloaded this: Type www . datafilehost . com / d / 58831a1e without the spaces.
When i installed it then my phone crashed and i can only get into recovery and download mode if connected to a computer.
My warranty is void (0x1) because of rooting.
I have many pictures from my holiday (which will come to an end tomorrow) and i didn't back them up.
Is there any way to recover those files (and apps if possible)?

I did some research and apparently if i flash the OEM rom then my data will not be deleted. I am currently downloading it.

I tried the following programs: remo recover, wondershare dr.fone for android and yodot file recovery (this one didn't work because of a SwS error). I can try yodot on my mac though (i currently dual boot mac and win 7).

My phone is the samsung galaxy note 3 sm-n9005 (international).
23rd August 2014, 03:10 PM   |  #2  
XDA: ASSIST
Recognized Contributor
Flag The boonies - southwest Ontario
Thanks Meter: 4,122

10,241 posts
More
Hi,

I would definitely run this problem past the experts that own the same device, to be sure you keep your internal SD from being wiped. You can ask here in your device section...

> Samsung Galaxy Note 3 > Galaxy Note 3 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting

Just some advice, never mess with your device while away. Not only can it end up unusable til you get home to a computer, you can lose things like pics from your trip. I'm sure you agree now.

I bet you will be able to restore your system and keep your pics.... Just be sure to clearly state your need to keep your internal SD files intact when you ask for help. 👍
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread