5,815,022 Members 38,089 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How to flash ROM, invalid url link

Tip us?

rostfrei1
Old
(Last edited by Siberian Tiger; 2nd September 2014 at 07:43 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default How to flash ROM, invalid url link

As I'm not allowed to post in the specific thread, I'm asking for help here. I bricked the HTC Desire phone by using

RUU_Bravo_HTC_Europe_1.15.405.3_Radio_32.30.00.28U _4.05.00.11_release_121865.exe

that I got from http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=695667. The phone just boots indefinitely. I can still get into the official bootloader with power+back_button combination. So is it bricked or I can still recover the phone?

I was trying to flash the phone with the instructions found on the http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=696189

Quote:
How to flash ROM
Download this
Turn off Desire and then turn it on while holding back button to enter bootloader(white screen)
Once in "white screen" press power button again to enter bootloader
Connect Desire with PC
Press Volume Down and than Power to enter Recovery
Now the red triangle should show up, go to folder you downloaded file and press recovery-windows.bat, recovery-mac.sh or recovery-linux.sh depending on which OS you have
Now you are in recovery mode (green screen), press Wipe and than Wipe data/clear storage, than press optical tracker to confirm it
After that press Volume Down to go back to main menu in recovery
Navigate to Flash zip from sdcard using optical tracker, select .zip confirm it and wait until process finish, after that press Reboot system and unplug you Desire
Enjoy your new ROM
but the download link is not valid anymore. Can you please help me by providing this missing file or redirect me to some other steps I should use.

Thank you!

Perseus71
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,899

DONATE TO ME
Please post in Desire Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting since you do not have sufficient post count.

If you wish to increase your post count productively, please follow Postcount limit in developmental fora
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe