OP lemanou

10th July 2014, 10:11 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
More
Hi !

I am completely new to this so here it goes

I have been trying for some time now to root my HTC Desire but all the guides I find will either not work for me or have insufficient/expired links with stuff that they suggest to download and use.
I was looking into this one also with no luck http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=902816
At the moment my phone is running the 2.3.3 android version and I believe I have to downgrade first to the factory version in order to root the phone? Or is that not needed?

Also the reason I am trying to do this is because I am not satisfied with the RAM available on the phone and I was thinking of installing the CM10_VJ_4.1.2_V3.1_with_GApps ROM instead. Has anyone to suggest a better ROM for the phone?

I would be grateful if you could help me through this.
Thanks in advance.
10th July 2014, 10:23 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 842

846 posts
Donate to Me
More
Hi you should try out this guide from the Desire Development forum: [TUT]Complete upgrading guide(root, unroot, flashing ROM & updates) which should take you through all the steps to root. I don't own a Desire so can't recommend any ROMs but in general everyone has a different answer to "which is the best ROM" so if you have a look through this list (up to date as of May) then try some ROMs out which you like the look of then hopefully you'll find a keeper: HTC Desire (Bravo) Index - Everything Desire is here! [2nd/May/2014 good luck
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HTCDreamOn For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th July 2014, 10:42 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
More
thx a lot I will have a look at this and hopefully not get back here asking for more!
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread