Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,462 Members 43,903 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Kies not finding device after ROM install

Tip us?

S3 ROM User
Old
(Last edited by Siberian Tiger; 26th August 2014 at 06:09 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Kies not finding device after ROM install

Hi, I recently installed CarbonROM to my S3 mini i1890 with Android 4.4.4 and I can't seem to reconenct my device to my PC. It doesn't seem to find the device.

However, my device connects via Blutooth and I can send files from there. However this doesn'r resolve my problem. I am trying to put all of my contacts etc back onto my Flashed device via Kies but it won't recognize it. can't seem to find a way to send the file manually either via blutooth either.

Reflashing back to stock ROM is not an option. I could enter them all manually and it will be faster then reinstalling all the other stuff.

If anyone has any way around it. Please post. Thanks

S3 ROM User
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ron31 View Post
i could never get keys to work either after installing custom rom.before installing custom rom you should installed titanium backup then install custom rom and reinstall all your stuff with titanium backup. if you look around site youll find some im sure this is a great site.hope this helped and good luck
Ahh I did backup with Titanium but I never understood it as the app would be uninstalled anyway. Maybe it was cloud storage. Not sure. I'll try it though. Thanks.

S3 ROM User
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Hmm no that didn't work. Seems like the contacts are incompatible now that I have the new ROM installed. Gave me tons of errors constatnly so I had to clear the data for the two contact apps. Then it works fine. Lost my other 2 contacts I added before though lol :/

Is there anyway to analyse these files on a PC?

prboy1969
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 6,796
Quote:
Originally Posted by S3 ROM User View Post
Hi, I recently installed CarbonROM to my S3 mini i1890 with Android 4.4.4 and I can't seem to reconenct my device to my PC. It doesn't seem to find the device.

However, my device connects via Blutooth and I can send files from there. However this doesn'r resolve my problem. I am trying to put all of my contacts etc back onto my Flashed device via Kies but it won't recognize it. can't seem to find a way to send the file manually either via blutooth either.

Reflashing back to stock ROM is not an option. I could enter them all manually and it will be faster then reinstalling all the other stuff.

If anyone has any way around it. Please post. Thanks
I would hazard a guess that your issue is KIES. Try disabling, or unistalling it. Also have you checked to make sure that your USB Cable is good ? Have you tried a different USB Cable ? Did you try a different PC ? I would also suggest checking out the links below. As the members there have the same device, and can better assist you you with your device. The first one is to the Forum for your device. The second is to the specific section where you can ask questions for your particular device.

Samsung Galaxy S III Mini

Galaxy S III Mini Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting
The Following User Says Thank You to prboy1969 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe