Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,802,957 Members 38,293 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Micromax Canvas 2.2 A114 Invalid IMEI

Tip us?

hw0arang
Old
(Last edited by Siberian Tiger; 22nd August 2014 at 08:19 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] Micromax Canvas 2.2 A114 Invalid IMEI

Need help with my Micromax Canvas 2.2 A114
Error: invalid IMEI
after a hard reset lost my IMEI nos and can't get dem back, *#*#3646633#*#* engineering mode or service mode isn't working as well what t0 d0....plz help guys...

KJ
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,488
Hi,

If you backed up your EFS partition some how, you can restore it.

If not, you can try flashing the stock rom. This thread should help with that...

>Android Development and HackingMiscellaneous >Android DevelopmentMicromax> Canvas 2.2 A114 Stock ROM OFFICIAL

If that doesn't restore it, I'm afraid sending it in for repair is your only option.

Good luck!
Sent from my new HTC One M8, N7, Moto X, GTab3 or S2.

Need help with poor battery life? Any device welcome, even tho its an N5 thread. Please specify if on a device other than N5. Lots of info in first 4 posts! >>>>
[Battery Life Help] Troubleshoot Battery Issues Here....and Tips

The Following User Says Thank You to KJ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

hw0arang
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJ View Post
Hi,

If you backed up your EFS partition some how, you can restore it.

If not, you can try flashing the stock rom. This thread should help with that...

>Android Development and HackingMiscellaneous >Android DevelopmentMicromax> Canvas 2.2 A114 Stock ROM OFFICIAL

If that doesn't restore it, I'm afraid sending it in for repair is your only option.

Good luck!
Actually I didn't do anything. Just a common hard reset and boom IMEI gone my cell is even not rooted.
I have my both IMEI nos is dere any way to put dem back???

KJ
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,488
Quote:
Originally Posted by hw0arang View Post
Actually I didn't do anything. Just a common hard reset and boom IMEI gone my cell is even not rooted.
I have my both IMEI nos is dere any way to put dem back???
You can't just put them back. You can research about ways to try... But we steer clear of such discussions usually on XDA... Tampering with imei is not legal in most areas, and such methods are used for illegal activities usually.

Again, flashing stock may help. Or you may need a service center to repair it.

Your are welcome to try asking here if you wish....

> General discussion > Questions and Answers
Sent from my new HTC One M8, N7, Moto X, GTab3 or S2.

Need help with poor battery life? Any device welcome, even tho its an N5 thread. Please specify if on a device other than N5. Lots of info in first 4 posts! >>>>
[Battery Life Help] Troubleshoot Battery Issues Here....and Tips

The Following User Says Thank You to KJ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

hw0arang
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJ View Post
You can't just put them back. You can research about ways to try... But we steer clear of such discussions usually on XDA... Tampering with imei is not legal in most areas, and such methods are used for illegal activities usually.

Again, flashing stock may help. Or you may need a service center to repair it.

Your are welcome to try asking here if you wish....

> General discussion > Questions and Answers
hmmm may be you are right I'm sending it back to Service Center let dem deal with it....after all it's still in warranty I only avoid dat bc0z de take to0 much tym....last time dat was the whole month anyways thanks f0r the help buddy