Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Thread Closed

nabi 2 root (what needs downloaded on tablet and what needs downloaded to computer)

OP nabiwolfe

17th August 2014, 04:35 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

9 posts
Need links to everything that needs downloaded to root my nabi 2, need to know what needs downloaded to my tablet and what needs downloaded to computer. I have PDA net on my tablet, thought it was needed on computer. Trying to sort out everything before trying to root since I don't have my own computer. I know I won't have backup, but i don't care. Only want root so I can delete all kid apps and bloatware, and use root only apps.
Android version 4.1.1
Kernel 3.1.10
Product version 2.3
Don't know if nabilab download includes everything I need. Apparently nabilab version 2 doesn't work with 4.1.1
I'm a newb.
Last edited by Siberian Tiger; 18th August 2014 at 05:13 PM.
17th August 2014, 04:59 AM   |  #2  
XDA: ASSIST
Recognized Contributor
Flag The boonies - southwest Ontario
Thanks Meter: 4,676

12,438 posts
More
Hi there!

Well I found a very long thread on your device...perhaps read the opening post then start at the last page and read through it a bit backwards.

>Android Development and Hacking>Miscellaneous Android Development>Nabi 2 Root and Gapps Install

And another possibility...

>Android Development and Hacking>Miscellaneous Android Development>[TOOL][NABI2] NabiLab - Root, Play, Recovery

You will need to reach 10 constructive posts before you can post in those threads and ask further questions, so I suggest you look around and contribute some useful comments where you can.

Good luck!

---------- Post added at 10:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 PM ----------

If those threads don't help you, you will need to ask for help here.....

>General discussion>Questions and Answers
17th August 2014, 07:00 AM   |  #3  
XDA: ASSIST
Recognized Contributor
Flag The boonies - southwest Ontario
Thanks Meter: 4,676

12,438 posts
More
And another possible solution suggested to me by a colleague, @bhiga ...

> Android Development and Hacking > Miscellaneous Android Development > [TOOL][NABI] NabiLab GUI - Root, Play, Recovery for JR, XD, 2

He had used this in the past with success. 👍

Oh, and the computer you use for this one needs Internet access for sure.
Last edited by Darth; 17th August 2014 at 07:02 AM.
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread