Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,941 Members 38,602 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

oppo r2001

Tip us?

bulukaki
Old
(Last edited by PG101; 21st July 2014 at 12:39 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default oppo r2001

hello everyone... how are you guys doing I am an old member that only visits whenever the situation is critical... first registered here when windows (mobile) 6.1 was released for my htc polaris... so, it's been a while.. I've kind of lost my way here... searching for the model of my phone resulting in nothing but oppo Find 7 or Find 5 or N1...

well... the phone is Oppo Yoyo aka R2001 aka Clover2.... spec wise is almost identical to Lenovo S660 beside lenovo boasts a 3k batt+stainless steel body while oppo only provide 1990mAh batt+some sort of "gorilla glass" for the display.... I just bought it July 8th, 2014... and the reason I visited xda today is to read and gain knowledge of how to root the phone (to remove all those google stuff I don't even open and need).. and how to ditch ColorOS (it's not as cool as I expected), put CWM in for recovery mode, and finally to install Cyanogen OS in place of ColorOS... can't find any info about it here... the same as in Oppo Forum, many threads are just bad mouthing the phone... useless threads... I've spent almost 3 whole years using an android 4 sporting local brand, generic android that acts like fish being left on the ground... now the phone was almost reached its grave, screen not working for some reason and for some time, then it works again... battery getting hot (not yet "pregnant") so many times.. etc etc...

so, anyone with information please kindly help me out....
oppo R2001[]carliv-cwm based recovery[]still stuck w/ColorOS 1.2

It_ler
Old
(Last edited by It_ler; 20th July 2014 at 02:52 PM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 15,176
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulukaki View Post
hello everyone... how are you guys doing I am an old member that only visits whenever the situation is critical... first registered here when windows (mobile) 6.1 was released for my htc polaris... so, it's been a while.. I've kind of lost my way here... searching for the model of my phone resulting in nothing but oppo Find 7 or Find 5 or N1...

well... the phone is Oppo Yoyo aka R2001 aka Clover2.... spec wise is almost identical to Lenovo S660 beside lenovo boasts a 3k batt+stainless steel body while oppo only provide 1990mAh batt+some sort of "gorilla glass" for the display.... I just bought it July 8th, 2014... and the reason I visited xda today is to read and gain knowledge of how to root the phone (to remove all those google stuff I don't even open and need).. and how to ditch ColorOS (it's not as cool as I expected), put CWM in for recovery mode, and finally to install Cyanogen OS in place of ColorOS... can't find any info about it here... the same as in Oppo Forum, many threads are just bad mouthing the phone... useless threads... I've spent almost 3 whole years using an android 4 sporting local brand, generic android that acts like fish being left on the ground... now the phone was almost reached its grave, screen not working for some reason and for some time, then it works again... battery getting hot (not yet "pregnant") so many times.. etc etc...

so, anyone with information please kindly help me out....
Unfortunately I can't find a specific forum for your device on xda.
But here is a general article about rooting on xda ... created by PG101.
And you can post you questions in the general help forum.

And here I found another user who has successfully rooted this device. Maybe you want to ask him/her how it was done. Just an idea.

My tapatalk signature:

Phone: SGS5 (SM-G900F)
ROM: AllianceROM v4.1
Kernel: Stock G900FXXU1ANE2

Recovery: PhilZ-touch

If you have any question about or any issue with your SGS2, just ask in the New members friendly Q&A thread.
If you need general help/assistence, please go to XDA-Assist.
Device: SGS5 (SM-G900F)
ROM: AllianceROM v5.3
Kernel: Stock XXU1ANG7 kernel
Recovery: PhilZ-touch CWM recovery
Modem: XXU1ANG7
If you have any question about or any issue with your SGS2, just ask in the New members friendly Q&A thread,
... for your SGS5, just ask in the Noob friendly Galaxy S5 All in one support thread.
If you need general help/assistance, please go to XDA Assist.
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe