No registration required
Thread Closed

Phone rebooted, now only boots in Recover boot screen

OP Crank0r

5th August 2014, 04:01 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

7 posts
Phone just randomly shut off after using gps (normally normal) and this time it decided to stay stuck in the recover mode screen. None of the options work. Cant recover, factory reset, nothing useful other than reboot which take me back to same white screen.

So i'm not really sure what my options are as far as possibly data recovery. I tried using the windroid but it only detects under fastboot mode and doesn't seem very useful. I tried reflashing the recovery img but didn't seem to do anything.

HTC Amaze
Last edited by vanessaem; 8th August 2014 at 05:06 AM.
5th August 2014, 04:15 AM   |  #2  
XDA: ASSIST
Recognized Contributor
Flag The boonies - southwest Ontario
Thanks Meter: 4,875

13,406 posts
More
Hi!

To be clear, it's the Amaze 4g? Since you are trying to recover data.... You will need to ask here. Flashing to stock is probably the answer. But to recover data... Better ask in your device section about that...

>HTC Amaze 4G>Amaze 4G Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting

Good luck!
7th August 2014, 03:28 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

7 posts
ive posted in Amaze section but haven't gotten any replies... Currently i just need to know if theres a way to flash is without being able to enable usb debug? I tried using a stock rom and it worked for abour 15-20 minutes then locked up and rebooted itself back to bootloader and haven't been able to get it back since. The phone just stops after verifying the rom and doesn't ask to install it. I can only assume it's not the right one? but doesn't make sense since it's the same one i used the previous time and it did install
7th August 2014, 03:57 AM   |  #4  
XDA: ASSIST
Recognized Contributor
Flag The boonies - southwest Ontario
Thanks Meter: 4,875

13,406 posts
More
XDA Assist is only here to provide direction around the site. It is not for support. You'll just have to be patient. You've posted in the correct section for your device and that's all you can do I'm afraid.
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread