I purchased 3 tablets over the last year and they were all supposedly "NATPC X210" tablets from the link: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00AKYZ6R
- The first was sold by: BE Tablets and the "About tablet" looks like: http://i.imgur.com/4zBFegd.png We'll call this Tablet 1 for £88.04 on the 10 February 2014
- The second was sold by: Tablet Traders and the "About tablet" looks like: http://i.imgur.com/qmu9wPj.png We'll call this Tablet 2 for £89.99 on the 14 February 2014
- The third was sold by: GadetsFair and the "About tablet" looks like: http://i.imgur.com/0UHC4pH.jpg We'll call this Tablet 3 for £62.95 on the 18 June 2014
Tablet 1 and Tablet 2 look identical in terms of physical appearance, tablet 3 looks nearly identical with the exception of it only has 1 MicroUSB port where as the other two tablets have 2 MicroUSB ports.
I've been looking around I've managed to work out that Tablet 3 appears to be a Crypto Novapad S104. Firstly, I could do with some help properly identifying the tablets because they definitely aren't all NATPC X210 tablets.
TABLET 1 and 2 Downsides:
- Both tablets came WITHOUT root (I want root!)
- Both tablets came with different firmwares so there is no consistency between them.
- Both tablets have issues finding certain apps on the Play Store...
- Both tablets have different pre-installed apps
- Both tablets have different appearances (See: http://i.imgur.com/eckPZpJ.jpg)
- Both tablets have different soft-key layouts. (See: http://i.imgur.com/eckPZpJ.jpg)
- Both tablets have an update checker but the update checker fails to work.
- Both tablets show the mobile signal signal strength as no signal (the tablet doesn't have any phone support so it should be disabled. (See: http://i.imgur.com/eckPZpJ.jpg)
- Both tablets have an ugly looking options drop down (top right) (wrong dpi or something) (See: http://i.imgur.com/eckPZpJ.jpg)
TABLET 1 and 2 Ups:
- Has two MicroUSB ports
Tablet 3 Downsides:
- Has one MicroUSB port.
- Has no update checker.
Tablet 3 Ups:
- Comes with root (However, I contacted CryptoTablets and they said that they don't come with root, he might have got it wrong I don't know.)
- Can access all of the apps on the Android store (as far as I can find)
- Has Ethernet support in Settings. (See: http://imgur.com/Bqz4Mdh)
- Has a much more refined UI with the dpi's set correctly.(top right looks much better) (See: http://imgur.com/Bqz4Mdh)
- Has a better softkey layout (See: http://imgur.com/Bqz4Mdh)
- Has a no mobile network signal, disabled because it doesn't support phone networks. (See: http://imgur.com/Bqz4Mdh)
I e-mailed CryptoTablets to try and get the firmware zipfile from them so that I could flash the same ROM that's on Tablet 3 onto Tablet 1 and Tablet 2 but they said "Our tablets are not rooted and any updates are performed in our service center, You need to send the device to us." which is obviously not acceptable for me :/
Secondly I want them all to have the same ROM on them WITH root... does anyone know if there are any custom ROMS out there that could be used?
I could really do with some help with them :/