Thread Closed

[q] want to know basics of rooting and flashing of gionee m 2

OP ravinder1990

13th August 2014, 12:31 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
GIONEE M2
Iam totally new & curious about cons. & pron.of rooting & flashing. I want to know which will help me to have required features in my phone with least risk either rooting or flashing------------

01. Some sites say that it supports full OTG (pen drive support) which is disabled in it. I don't know wether it is true or not. If it is true than how to unlock this feature.
02. Its original 4.2.2 along with bloatwares consumes about 550+ ram this makes a trouble to me for multi processing in it.
03. Is custom ROM for android phones are developed on basis on of hardware or is similar to windows for pc & laptops. Like using any windows OS and after that installing audio,video,graphics,connectivity,Bluetooth,etc drivers for it according to hardware.
04. In my phone bloatwares also asking for update thus going to increase my phone's RAM.
Last edited by Siberian Tiger; 14th August 2014 at 03:41 PM.
13th August 2014, 01:04 PM   |  #2  
XDA: ASSIST
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 15,330

8,482 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravinder1990

GIONEE M2
Iam totally new & curious about cons. & pron.of rooting & flashing. I want to know which will help me to have required features in my phone with least risk either rooting or flashing------------

01. Some sites say that it supports full OTG (pen drive support) which is disabled in it. I don't know wether it is true or not. If it is true than how to unlock this feature.
02. Its original 4.2.2 along with bloatwares consumes about 550+ ram this makes a trouble to me for multi processing in it.
03. Is custom ROM for android phones are developed on basis on of hardware or is similar to windows for pc & laptops. Like using any windows OS and after that installing audio,video,graphics,connectivity,Bluetooth,etc drivers for it according to hardware.
04. In my phone bloatwares also asking for update thus going to increase my phone's RAM.

Please have a look here: Gionee M2 - Root, Backup ROM, Install CWM.
And here: All About Gionee M2 And Development.

These seem to be the best places to get information about this device.
And if you have further questions, please ask in this threads too, as some knowledged users of this device seem to have a look at it.
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread