Aoson M1013 Custom Rom

OP darkmall

1st July 2014, 10:01 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Dombóvár
Thanks Meter: 1

5 posts
More
Dear Devs. I purchased an Aoson M1013 tablet. Basically it is a 10.1 inch cheap quad-core tablet with A9 Cortex processor, 1GB of RAM. Although the specs are not bad, I have the feeling that the software side is responsible for the tablet's weakness. Under weakness I mean several things and symptoms. The tablet died on me twice in a way that it was only willing to boot into its factory recovery which didn't let me move on to any direction. First I sent it to a tablet shop where they refreshed the factory firmware. Then it was working for a time but the the same thing happened again. I managed to reflash the factory rom by myself, I didn't want to pay any more for maintenance, I'm not a wealthy person. Overall there is the experience that it partially freezes for shorter-longer periods of time. It is exactly like it's lagging or something. It freezes at times and then continues operating with hectic window movement while it's trying to make up for the touch input done while it was temporally freezing. It seems to be a processor issue but I believe it is the question of software and governors maybe. Upon activating wifi these freezes mulitply and the tablet gets really slow. Other times it is really smooth and quickly running, this is why I think it is a software issue. It feels as if it had a soul or something, like there was a ghost in the machine or something. Therefore I would like to ask devs to compile a well-working custom rom for this device. So far I haven't found any of these online, although I was able to root the tablet and install CWM on it. Thank you in advance.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Free mobile app
Last edited by darkmall; 1st July 2014 at 11:35 AM.
1st July 2014, 11:16 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 2,698

3,396 posts
More
Hi,

Yes, that's correct that we have no forums or threads about your device.
But if you want, you can build your own CWM recovery with these guides

XDA University: Porting ClockworkMod Recovery to New Devices

Android Development and Hacking > Android Software Development > [GUIDE] Compile CWM Recovery

About root, you can use Framaroot => [ROOT] Framaroot, a one-click apk to root some devices

Good luck
The Following User Says Thank You to philos64 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st July 2014, 11:51 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Dombóvár
Thanks Meter: 1

5 posts
More
Root and CWM done
Hello

Thank you for the quick reaction, CWM and ROOT are already done. Now what I really crave for is a simple custom rom with no special requests, just a smooth responsive ability to operate the hardware of the tablet. It really seems like the factory ROM is not doing what it is supposed to. As for custom ROMs, I don't know if ROMs for other devices can be installed to this tablet or not. I would like to know if there are any compatible possibilities.
Last edited by darkmall; 1st July 2014 at 11:57 AM. Reason: Adding information
1st July 2014, 01:34 PM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 2,698

3,396 posts
More
For the last part of your request, I really don't know. It seems that you're the only one with this device here.
But if you follow this guide, you can build your own rom for your specific device
XDA University: Building Your Own Android Rom

Good luck
The Following User Says Thank You to philos64 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread