Thread Closed

Samsung Mega: Intermittent Touch input

OP mikemou

22nd August 2014, 09:04 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

7 posts
Hey Guys/Gals!

I (stupidly) jumped into rooting too quickly. It's a great option for really getting the true potential out of your android IMO, but I (having no knowledge of the possible issues of rooting) really messed me up here.

I have a Samsung Mega SGH - I527 and I have no clue what version of android it was originally running.

Basically, one day I was on base with my cell phone in my pocket, and this was about a week after i rooted with a program I believe was called "kingo". I went to pull it out of my pocket, and the screen was not responding to touch. I wasn't doing anything unusual and there aren't any signs of damage of any physical kind. I freaked out on the spot, and realized it must have been the root.

I rebooted the phone, and touch came back. I rejoiced, then freaked out as about 15 - 30 seconds later, the touch went bad again.

It then stayed not working until I rebooted again, and again, and again, until I managed to get to the Factory Reset settings in that little tiny window of time.(a small note while on this subject: not every reboot got me that little bit of time to use the touch, and the amount of time i had to use the touch screen was never consistent from what i could tell.)

From here on out, just troubleshooting steps already tried:

- factory reset on phone in phones UI (did not fix)
- factory reset on phone with bootloader menu (did not fix)
- using Odin 3.07 to put supposed stock firmwareback on the device (did not fix)
- took apart phone to make sure digitizer/lcd cable was seated properly on the motherboard (did not fix)

Any Ideas? just trying to do something that makes this thing NOT a $500 shiny paperweight :'(

feel free to email me @ mmou100@gmail.com if you have any further questions or info that could help out here!

PS: sorry if this is a repost, I didn't find anything related to this specific topic in forum
22nd August 2014, 09:17 AM   |  #2  
XDA: ASSIST
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 15,534

9,056 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemou

Hey Guys/Gals!

I (stupidly) jumped into rooting too quickly. It's a great option for really getting the true potential out of your android IMO, but I (having no knowledge of the possible issues of rooting) really messed me up here.

I have a Samsung Mega SGH - I527 and I have no clue what version of android it was originally running.

Basically, one day I was on base with my cell phone in my pocket, and this was about a week after i rooted with a program I believe was called "kingo". I went to pull it out of my pocket, and the screen was not responding to touch. I wasn't doing anything unusual and there aren't any signs of damage of any physical kind. I freaked out on the spot, and realized it must have been the root.

I rebooted the phone, and touch came back. I rejoiced, then freaked out as about 15 - 30 seconds later, the touch went bad again.

It then stayed not working until I rebooted again, and again, and again, until I managed to get to the Factory Reset settings in that little tiny window of time.(a small note while on this subject: not every reboot got me that little bit of time to use the touch, and the amount of time i had to use the touch screen was never consistent from what i could tell.)

From here on out, just troubleshooting steps already tried:

- factory reset on phone in phones UI (did not fix)
- factory reset on phone with bootloader menu (did not fix)
- using Odin 3.07 to put supposed stock firmwareback on the device (did not fix)
- took apart phone to make sure digitizer/lcd cable was seated properly on the motherboard (did not fix)

Any Ideas? just trying to do something that makes this thing NOT a $500 shiny paperweight :'(

feel free to email me @ mmou100@gmail.com if you have any further questions or info that could help out here!

PS: sorry if this is a repost, I didn't find anything related to this specific topic in forum

I found other users with similar issues here: [Q] HELP WITH WHITE SCREEN PROBLEMS MEGA SGH-i527, [Q] Updated samsung galaxy mega SGH-i527 and the touchscreen is no longer responsive. and [Q] Touch not working after upgrade to 4.4.2.
As you have already tried the "usual" steps to fix it, it may be a hardware issue ... but not sure.

Best is to ask in the Samsung Galaxy Mega > Galaxy Mega Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting > Help thread ... or directly in the Galaxy Mega Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting forum.
I hope that you get a proper response with some good advices there
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread