Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,019 Members 55,302 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

samsung sgh t989d signal problem

Tip us?

mosesroy
Old
(Last edited by malybru; 20th July 2014 at 10:30 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default samsung sgh t989d signal problem

hello
i am from india, i bought samsung s2 sgh t989d unlocked with ics 4.0.4 firmware through online,i upgraded the firmware to jellybean 4.1.2 using odin. everything is fine but now my mobile is not at all getting signal.it is not even asking for any unlock code after rebooting the phone. there is no problem in the simcard. has my phone got locked again??what should i do to get my phone working again??i didnt do any backup before upgrading firmware.pls help me.

It_ler
Old
(Last edited by It_ler; 18th July 2014 at 03:30 PM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 15,154
Quote:
Originally Posted by mosesroy View Post
hello
i am from india, i bought samsung s2 sgh t989d unlocked with ics 4.0.4 firmware through online,i upgraded the firmware to jellybean 4.1.2 using odin. everything is fine but now my mobile is not at all getting signal.it is not even asking for any unlock code after rebooting the phone. there is no problem in the simcard. has my phone got locked again??what should i do to get my phone working again??i didnt do any backup before upgrading firmware.pls help me.
You can post your issue in the general S2 help thread.
It's created in the GT-I9100 forum, but help is provided for all S2 variants.

EDIT:
A friend of mine, @KJ, just wrote:
That's the Canadian version of the T-Mobile S2 t989...Hercules.
He'd be better served going to that forum I think. Its the same phone.
My guess is he probably would be better flashing the Telus firmware and checking APN settings. They're probably not there for telus, or wrong.
I can help him if he goes there....I have the t989d also.

So please check the device specific forum, as your issue may be a device specific one. And you could get better/quicker help there.

My tapatalk signature:

Phone: SGS5 (SM-G900F)
ROM: AllianceROM v4.1
Kernel: Stock G900FXXU1ANE2

Recovery: PhilZ-touch

If you have any question about or any issue with your SGS2, just ask in the New members friendly Q&A thread.
If you need general help/assistence, please go to XDA-Assist.
Device: SGS5 (SM-G900F)
ROM: AllianceROM v5.2
Kernel: Stock XXU1ANG7 kernel
Recovery: PhilZ-touch CWM recovery
Modem: XXU1ANG7
If you have any question about or any issue with your SGS2, just ask in the New members friendly Q&A thread,
... for your SGS5, just ask in the Noob friendly Galaxy S5 All in one support thread.
If you need general help/assistance, please go to XDA Assist.
The Following User Says Thank You to It_ler For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe