Thread Closed

Searching for working root help for ZTE Flash N9500 on Mac

OP xdbridun

2nd August 2014, 10:57 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
More
I had found a working root for this phone, I think through this forum, but I am now unable to find it again. I had to restore a backup on my Mac due to using OS X Yosemite beta and couldn't use it anymore due to the amount of problems I encountered. So I no longer have the history in my browser.

My phone is a Sprint-branded ZTE Flash N9500 but purchased through Kroger iwireless, an MVNO of Sprint. I *think* what I used was one of Bin4ry's apps or shell scripts or something. I had been having issues with cell signal all day today so I was troubleshooting the phone and did a factory reset which of course un-rooted the phone.

The major issue I am having with finding a workable root guide is that I use Mac OS X, not Windows or Linux. I downloaded Root_With_Recovery_by_Bin4ry_v33 but it is not going as planned. I think what I used last time was v32 or v36 but I downloaded the linked file via the forum post here in XDA-Dev's but the file is corrupt or something. It is a never-ending cycle of zip and cpgz that just I can't do anything with. I thought that was the one, but perhaps OS X Mavericks isn't able to natively decompress the file whereas Yosemite beta could.

Info about my phone:
ZTE N9500
Android 4.0.4
Baseband version: N9500B01
Kernel version: 3.0.8-perf-svn22621
zte-kernel@Zdroid-SMT
SW Version: N9500V1.0.0B18
HW Version: c7zA

If you could point me in the right direction to be able to re-download the correct (or A correct) root guide for this phone along with files that will work, I would greatly appreciate it.
Last edited by Siberian Tiger; 3rd August 2014 at 05:39 PM.
2nd August 2014, 06:26 PM   |  #2  
XDA: ASSIST
Recognized Contributor
Flag The boonies - southwest Ontario
Thanks Meter: 4,673

12,407 posts
More
Hi,

I can't find a mac guide for your device. You could ask for help in this thread. It's in the ZTE Blade section.... But it's a non-blade Q&A thread.

>*ZTE Blade*>*Blade General*>*[Q&A] All ZTE non-Blade questions go here

Good luck!
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread