Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,588 Members 45,895 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Searching for working root help for ZTE Flash N9500 on Mac

Tip us?

xdbridun
Old
(Last edited by Siberian Tiger; 3rd August 2014 at 04:39 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question Searching for working root help for ZTE Flash N9500 on Mac

I had found a working root for this phone, I think through this forum, but I am now unable to find it again. I had to restore a backup on my Mac due to using OS X Yosemite beta and couldn't use it anymore due to the amount of problems I encountered. So I no longer have the history in my browser.

My phone is a Sprint-branded ZTE Flash N9500 but purchased through Kroger iwireless, an MVNO of Sprint. I *think* what I used was one of Bin4ry's apps or shell scripts or something. I had been having issues with cell signal all day today so I was troubleshooting the phone and did a factory reset which of course un-rooted the phone.

The major issue I am having with finding a workable root guide is that I use Mac OS X, not Windows or Linux. I downloaded Root_With_Recovery_by_Bin4ry_v33 but it is not going as planned. I think what I used last time was v32 or v36 but I downloaded the linked file via the forum post here in XDA-Dev's but the file is corrupt or something. It is a never-ending cycle of zip and cpgz that just I can't do anything with. I thought that was the one, but perhaps OS X Mavericks isn't able to natively decompress the file whereas Yosemite beta could.

Info about my phone:
ZTE N9500
Android 4.0.4
Baseband version: N9500B01
Kernel version: 3.0.8-perf-svn22621
zte-kernel@Zdroid-SMT
SW Version: N9500V1.0.0B18
HW Version: c7zA

If you could point me in the right direction to be able to re-download the correct (or A correct) root guide for this phone along with files that will work, I would greatly appreciate it.

KJ
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,579
Hi,

I can't find a mac guide for your device. You could ask for help in this thread. It's in the ZTE Blade section.... But it's a non-blade Q&A thread.

>*ZTE Blade*>*Blade General*>*[Q&A] All ZTE non-Blade questions go here

Good luck!
Sent from my new HTC One M8, N7, Moto X, GTab3 or S2.

Need help with poor battery life? Any device welcome, even tho its an N5 thread. Please specify if on a device other than N5. Lots of info in first 4 posts! >>>>
[Battery Life Help] Troubleshoot Battery Issues Here....and Tips

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe