Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,137 Members 50,697 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Systemui Crashes On Boot

Tip us?

IHaveDrainBamage
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Systemui Crashes On Boot

Yesterday I was experimenting with XBlast, and I enabled a feature that doesn't play well with my ROM (I believe that it was adaptive notification header), and after rebooting my system ui crashes. Occasionally it will work for 3-4 seconds, but then it crashes so I do not have enough time to try and disable the module. I tried uninstalling XBlast via ADB, but I had debugging disabled for some reason, so that is out of the picture. Re-flashing my ROM and GApps did not work. I am fairly certain that I am going to have to clean flash my ROM but I thought that I would check here to see if there was a way to fix this without a clean flash.

Nexus 4 (Mako)
Carbon ROM (7-21 Nightly)
Hell's Core b47 kernel

KJ
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,552
Hi there!!

Yes, the simplest solution would be a clean flash of the ROM. That's the only way to be certain everything from the module is gone.

And so you know, the Nexus 4 has its own section here on XDA. And the Q&A section is the best place for N4 questions of any kind.

>*Google Nexus 4

Good luck! 👍
Sent from my new HTC One M8, N7, Moto X, GTab3 or S2.

Need help with poor battery life? Any device welcome, even tho its an N5 thread. Please specify if on a device other than N5. Lots of info in first 4 posts! >>>>
[Battery Life Help] Troubleshoot Battery Issues Here....and Tips

The Following User Says Thank You to KJ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

KJ
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,552
A colleague has passed along a tip for you.

You can possibly disable xposed by rebooting and pressing any hardware key 5 times when it's booting.

Or you can flash the Xposed uninstaller zip....read up on that and download it here..

>*XDA Community Apps*>*Xposed General*>*Xposed - General info, versions & changelog

Thanks to @Siberian Tiger :thumbup:
Sent from my new HTC One M8, N7, Moto X, GTab3 or S2.

Need help with poor battery life? Any device welcome, even tho its an N5 thread. Please specify if on a device other than N5. Lots of info in first 4 posts! >>>>
[Battery Life Help] Troubleshoot Battery Issues Here....and Tips

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe