Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,576 Members 37,553 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

HTC Inspire 4G Bootloops

Tip us?

dr.patron99
Old
(Last edited by malybru; 7th July 2014 at 12:57 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 203
Default HTC Inspire 4G Bootloops

I've got HTC Inspire 4G like about 6-7months ago., ever since then i was flashing different roms on it. Though all my installations were Clean Wiped and fresh install,even with the nightlies. But recently i've discovered that device doesn't hold much after fresh install.

All problem starts after 20140615 nightly of CM11 made by Mustaavalcosta. Problem is i can't able to install any rom which made after that date. So i've contacted him and he provided me as much as can.

But Since i'm the only one who is actually having issue with nightlies so he offered me to format devlog partition using .zip provided by him. I did and provide him a recovery.log where he couldn't able to trace any issue.

Now condition of the device is like, If i reboot my device, it will hangs in bootloop and doesn't boot. Until i flash boot.img via fastboot. But then also it will reboot atleast twice with 5-10 sec interval and on 3rd reboot it will boot normally. So is it some sort of Hardware failure issue? Also before formatting devlog partition i've made full backup of device but it seems like after Full wipe and restoring device from backup,It reboots twice as i mentioned earlier,Only way to work around is to flash boot.img then it will boot properly on 3rd reboot all happens automatically.

Status of device:

***UNLOCKED***
ACE PVT SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT-2.00.0030
MICROP-0438
RADIO-26.09.13.17_M
eMMC-boot
Feb 20 2012, 16:03:18

Recovery: TWRP 2.7.1.0

Rom: CM11 nightly 20140702

KJ
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,562
Hi there!

Try this guide from your device section about solving stuck at boot issues. Its quite old, so any firmware it suggests to flash may be older than yours....but read through the thread, there may be links to firmware that match yours.....

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1396229

You can try fresh stock install or another ROM. Also, a factory reset and cache and dalvik cache wipe often fix boot issues. Ask for further help in the thread I've linked. 👍

Good luck!
Sent from my new HTC One M8, N7, Moto X, GTab3 or S2.

Need help with poor battery life? Any device welcome, even tho its an N5 thread. Please specify if on a device other than N5. Lots of info in first 4 posts! >>>>
[Battery Life Help] Troubleshoot Battery Issues Here....and Tips

dr.patron99
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 203
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJ View Post
Hi there!

Try this guide from your device section about solving stuck at boot issues. Its quite old, so any firmware it suggests to flash may be older than yours....but read through the thread, there may be links to firmware that match yours.....

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1396229

You can try fresh stock install or another ROM. Also, a factory reset and cache and dalvik cache wipe often fix boot issues. Ask for further help in the thread I've linked. 👍

Good luck!
Tutorial for Stuck on White Screen,Which i'm not. My device do passes htc logo, and then bootanimation comes but after that hangs in bootanimation(bootloop), Only way i can make it able to work is to flash boot.img for that particular rom via fastboot. Though it will initially reboot twice and on third auto reboot it will boot normally.

KJ
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,562
Well, I can only suggest you simply try another ROM, or ask for help in your device section...

Found here...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/inspire-4g/help

---------- Post added at 12:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:18 PM ----------

Also, I notice you have enough posts to post in the development section, so it would be far more helpful to post in that particular ROMs thread for help.
Sent from my new HTC One M8, N7, Moto X, GTab3 or S2.

Need help with poor battery life? Any device welcome, even tho its an N5 thread. Please specify if on a device other than N5. Lots of info in first 4 posts! >>>>
[Battery Life Help] Troubleshoot Battery Issues Here....and Tips

The Following User Says Thank You to KJ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe