XDA Xposed Tuesday: Modify the Look of Your Volume Control – XDA TV

How many screenshots have you seen with a volume status bar in the … more

Prepare Your Nokia X2 for Battle with Nokia X2 Tools

Unveiled in June this year, the Nokia X2 is the Finnish companys second crack at an … more

Increase the Speaker Volume of Your Samsung Gear 2 with Tool and Tutorial

I think its pretty safe to say that any sound coming out of a … more

Unlock Hidden Camera Settings on Your Moto G

At one point in time or another, weve all gotten very fiddly with the camera settings on our … more
Thread Closed

TPT NVflash need direction

27th July 2014, 03:51 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2014
Good morning All!
This is my first post here, hopefully I post in the right place. I have an old TPT, perfect device for my kids, all it need to do is run Zoodles. Was running fine with CM9, then one day, a couple of months back, it got stock on the Lenovo boot splash. Was getting ready to move so it made it in a box.
Trying to fix it now. Nut looks like I am in need of some advice and direction.
This is what I have done so far.
Boot into recovery kernel and tried to restore from my backup I had done before putting CM9 on it. Tried factory reset, None of which works.
The closest I got is with the restore of my backup, then when It rebooted, Ut got past the first Lenovo boot splash, we see Nvidia splash, then Animated Lenovo splash start, then device turns off and then back on.
Within the recovery kernel when I look at the logs, there is complaints about /data being in read-only mode during restore. I cannot unmount or format /data.
I think at this stage my best chance is to restore to stock with NVFlash. I am a little uncomfortable doing this without some advice first.
I am trying to find the model details of the device, but needless to say that being my kids tablet, all stickers are gone. I do have the device open but I am unable to track a; model number inside.
Could anyone assist? I am a professional IT, but My android knowledge is limited.
Thank you.
27th July 2014, 04:02 PM   |  #2  
KJ's Avatar
XDA: ASSIST
Recognized Contributor
Flag The boonies - southwest Ontario
Thanks Meter: 3,683
 
8,853 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
More
Hi!

Unfortunately without knowing the exact model, you have no idea what is safe to flash.

Because you can't get into into the system...no help there. Most devices have model numbers inside by the battery.

I'd Google any numbers you do find inside, until one leads you to your device. But you need to be 1000% certain before flashing firmware....if you flash the wrong firmware, chances are the device will hard brick and that will be the end of it.

Not sure what we can do to help really. You can ask in the general Q&A section, but be careful what advice you take. No one can guess what device you have, and if anyone suggests firmware based on a guess....don't flash it. Maybe someone can help you determine without a doubt what model it is tho...

>*Android Development and Hacking*>*Android Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting

Good luck!
27th July 2014, 04:46 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2014
Found IT!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJ

Hi!

Unfortunately without knowing the exact model, you have no idea what is safe to flash.

Because you can't get into into the system...no help there. Most devices have model numbers inside by the battery.

I'd Google any numbers you do find inside, until one leads you to your device. But you need to be 1000% certain before flashing firmware....if you flash the wrong firmware, chances are the device will hard brick and that will be the end of it.

Not sure what we can do to help really. You can ask in the general Q&A section, but be careful what advice you take. No one can guess what device you have, and if anyone suggests firmware based on a guess....don't flash it. Maybe someone can help you determine without a doubt what model it is tho...

>*Android Development and Hacking*>*Android Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting

Good luck!

Actually the sticker was not gone, it was hidden under a panel...:
1839-22f
27th July 2014, 04:48 PM   |  #4  
KJ's Avatar
XDA: ASSIST
Recognized Contributor
Flag The boonies - southwest Ontario
Thanks Meter: 3,683
 
8,853 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
More
Is it a lenovo?? That's all I find searching on that. Surely you know the make??
27th July 2014, 04:51 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2014
Yes
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJ

Is it a lenovo?? That's all I find searching on that. Surely you know the make??

Yes, its a Lenovo ThinkPad tablet 1 (TPT)
27th July 2014, 04:56 PM   |  #6  
KJ's Avatar
XDA: ASSIST
Recognized Contributor
Flag The boonies - southwest Ontario
Thanks Meter: 3,683
 
8,853 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
More
If its Lenovo think pad, then you need to ask here....and specifically state the model number you found. You probably need to return it to stock, so you need to find out how to do that, and where to find the firmware for your exact model. Don't use anything not specifically for your model. The guys in the Lenovo section know those devices best, hopefully they can help.

>*Lenovo Thinkpad Tablet*>*Thinkpad Tablet General

Good luck!
27th July 2014, 06:24 PM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJ

If its Lenovo think pad, then you need to ask here....and specifically state the model number you found. You probably need to return it to stock, so you need to find out how to do that, and where to find the firmware for your exact model. Don't use anything not specifically for your model. The guys in the Lenovo section know those devices best, hopefully they can help.

>*Lenovo Thinkpad Tablet*>*Thinkpad Tablet General

Good luck!

Thank you for your assistance I am not in the good section to get help.
Have a good weekend.

The Following User Says Thank You to esimard For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes