Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,145 Members 36,361 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Can't type Kanji in Japanese since update to 4.4.4

Tip us?

andoid1
Old
(Last edited by andoid1; 4th July 2014 at 11:32 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Can't type Kanji in Japanese since update to 4.4.4

Hi everyone
I'm using Moto G stock device.
Recently I updated to stock 4.4.4 and since I can't type Kanji in Japanese.
Basically I am using the iWnn IME to pick the Japanese stock keyboard and then it lets me type in Hiragana but I can't change what I typed to Kanji. ( by pressing the Space key).

I also noticed that when I touch a letter while in Japanese keyboard then the popup letter isn't in Blue like it used to(and how its like when I type in English), it's now gray instead...

I tried all the settings in the keyboard screen(disabling an reenabling , none worked, tried searching Google but couldn't find any reference to this problem...

Any ideas how to fix this?

Thanks.

Well I found a "sort of" a solution , to download and use Google Japanese input from the app store... It works but its kinda " unnerving" that it says when you first use it that it can send everything you type including passwords to Google... WTF?
But then again I don't use it that much anyway definitely not for passwords and the such.
Sent from my XT1032 using XDA Free mobile app

KJ
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,536
Hi!

Most keyboards have strange permissions. I can only suggest you try different ones. And I wouldn't be too concerned about the privacy aspect....its the same with MANY apps.

However, if you want to ask why its not working as it did before, you can try asking in the Moto G Q&A section....here...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/moto...91749340388924

Good luck!
Sent from my new HTC One M8, N7, Moto X, GTab3 or S2.

Need help with poor battery life? Any device welcome, even tho its an N5 thread. Please specify if on a device other than N5. Lots of info in first 4 posts! >>>>
[Battery Life Help] Troubleshoot Battery Issues Here....and Tips

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe