22nd May 2014, 02:53 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Wilnis
Thanks Meter: 14

41 posts
Donate to Me
More
Hi folks,

I don't post very often but I just got my 2.5 D screen protector from www.dx.com (SKU 292915) and it's great so I'll do a review of it.

Product Summary:
Brand: 2.5 D
Price: $9.60
Ordered From: DealExtreme
Material: Tempered Glass
Thickness: 0.2mm
Screen Type: Glossy

Pros:
Premium packaging
Guide stickers for the hinge method
Dust removal kit (alcohol cloth, normal cloth and dust sticker)
Rounded edges
9H Hardness (survived a key scratch test)
Touch screen not affected
Only 0.2mm thick
Easy application

Cons:
Grey lines in top-left corner
Instructions not very easy to read
Weird typos on the front

Extended Review:
First of all, the packaging. The packaging is above average for stuff from DX so that's nice. On the front there's just information about the product with 2 typos.

Inside the package you'll find an alcohol cloth, a normal cloth, 3 guide stickers for the hinge method, a dust removal sticker and of course the screen protector itself, which is packed separately.

The screen protector itself feels just like real glass. According to DX the protector is 0.2mm thick so that's pretty thin. The separate packaging of the protector has some Chinese and English application instructions, which are not very easy to read, but it's also not hard to do so. The instructions are calling the protector a "GLAS.t R" (like the Spigen one) instead of just a protector.

The cutouts are very well placed, if not perfectly. The protector is almost covering the entire screen, just a gap of 0.5mm so that you can use it with some cases. It works well with my hard plastic Nillkin case. Application goes very easy; clean phone, place it, lock in place with guide stickers, take the plastic layer off, lay it on your screen, touch the middle, press any other bubbles out.

There are some grey lines under the top left corner. If I push that corner, they will go away for a short amount of time. I don't know what it is, but it isn't dust.
The touch screen is not affected by the protector and I don't notice a difference in brightness; the screen is just as clear as without the protector on it.

This protector doesn't scratch easily, it survived a real life key test!

Review Summary: (Scale from 1 to 5)
Overall Rating: 4.5
Price: 5
Quality: 4.5
Ease of use: 5
Usefulness: 5

I hope this is a good first review, please comment whether you're about to buy one or not!
If there are any grammar / spelling errors in this review: Sorry, I'm Dutch. My English is good, but not super good.
Last edited by sdelange99; 23rd May 2014 at 02:26 PM.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to sdelange99 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread