XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Air dock ... Wireless charger for your car

Tip us?

indolent
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by kellybrf View Post
I see what you mean now, on the prototype I have the ball is mounted flush to the charging plate. not sure why they made the change, it seems odd
That does look odd, the ball mount should be able to do any tilting that you need.

And on another note, it looks like the 1st production run units started shipping. I should have mine in the next couple days.

aiiee
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by indolent View Post
That does look odd, the ball mount should be able to do any tilting that you need.

And on another note, it looks like the 1st production run units started shipping. I should have mine in the next couple days.
Says who, besides you?

arvonn
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by aiiee View Post
Says who, besides you?

Not me, I'm still waiting to hear anything on my order...

moosc
Old
Thanks Meter 29
I've had mine almost a month. Doesn't stick or hold well with case. I did email them they sent out a revised suction cup and the metal pad that I slide between phone n case. That should hold it better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aiiee View Post
Says who, besides you?

Sent from Bad Azz VZW LG G2 Cyan Tapatalk

mkz14
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Is there any where I can buy something like this? This seems out of stock and I don't event know if they would ship it out to Spain...

Semantics
Old
Thanks Meter 371
70 bucks is way too much for this charger. I'm glad that companies are coming out with cool accessories, but come on.

indolent
Old
(Last edited by indolent; Yesterday at 07:56 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
I received my air dock today. The angled connector design makes no sense at all when using it with the galaxy s4. They have an S4 specific dock that modifies the location of the magnets so they don't interfere with the sensor used for the sview cover. As a result, the S4 has to be positioned on the dock in a certain orientation. If you want the phone to be placed vertically, like I usually do, they say the usb port must be facing down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vansmack View Post
Just to update - after working with AirDock customer support, this isn't advised.

The brackets only fit on the charging plate and the ball mount one way.

If you use the AirDock as a windshield mount, you should leave the MicroUSB plug on the top.

Out of curiosity, if you were able to turn the bracket around and make it work, what specifically did they say makes it only fit one way? That's the only option I see to make it work for me.

Edit: I took the bracket off and I do see why they say it only fits one way. It's because of two notch features in the mating (3d printed) part. Those features look arbitrary though. A dremel should be able to fix it.

It would be very simple to adjust their 3d printed part to allow the user to change the orientation, and still keep the locking feature.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	airdock 1.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	93.5 KB
ID:	2696555   Click image for larger version

Name:	air dock 2.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	103.4 KB
ID:	2696556  

aiiee
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Anyone else find it strange that *everything* they sell is out of stock and won't be back until "4 to 6" weeks?