Air dock ... Wireless charger for your car

Tip us?

arvonn
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by aiiee View Post
Says who, besides you?

Not me, I'm still waiting to hear anything on my order...

moosc
Old
Thanks Meter 29
I've had mine almost a month. Doesn't stick or hold well with case. I did email them they sent out a revised suction cup and the metal pad that I slide between phone n case. That should hold it better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aiiee View Post
Says who, besides you?

Sent from Bad Azz VZW LG G2 Cyan Tapatalk

mkz14
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Is there any where I can buy something like this? This seems out of stock and I don't event know if they would ship it out to Spain...

Semantics
Old
Thanks Meter 372
70 bucks is way too much for this charger. I'm glad that companies are coming out with cool accessories, but come on.

indolent
Old
(Last edited by indolent; 19th April 2014 at 07:56 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
I received my air dock today. The angled connector design makes no sense at all when using it with the galaxy s4. They have an S4 specific dock that modifies the location of the magnets so they don't interfere with the sensor used for the sview cover. As a result, the S4 has to be positioned on the dock in a certain orientation. If you want the phone to be placed vertically, like I usually do, they say the usb port must be facing down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vansmack View Post
Just to update - after working with AirDock customer support, this isn't advised.

The brackets only fit on the charging plate and the ball mount one way.

If you use the AirDock as a windshield mount, you should leave the MicroUSB plug on the top.

Out of curiosity, if you were able to turn the bracket around and make it work, what specifically did they say makes it only fit one way? That's the only option I see to make it work for me.

Edit: I took the bracket off and I do see why they say it only fits one way. It's because of two notch features in the mating (3d printed) part. Those features look arbitrary though. A dremel should be able to fix it.

It would be very simple to adjust their 3d printed part to allow the user to change the orientation, and still keep the locking feature.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	airdock 1.jpg
Views:	275
Size:	93.5 KB
ID:	2696555   Click image for larger version

Name:	air dock 2.jpg
Views:	268
Size:	103.4 KB
ID:	2696556  

aiiee
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Anyone else find it strange that *everything* they sell is out of stock and won't be back until "4 to 6" weeks?

kellybrf
Old
Thanks Meter 106
not at all, it's an indigogo project with a lot of backers to ship to first
The Following User Says Thank You to kellybrf For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

arvonn
Old
Thanks Meter 12
So I just got the airdock mount survey today( from the indiegogo campaign), I presume that indicates my air docks will ship soon.

What sort of delay between getting the survey and shipping was there? Any one who already got there's???

Sent from my SM-T320 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Maverick-DBZ-
Old
Thanks Meter 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by arvonn View Post
So I just got the airdock mount survey today( from the indiegogo campaign), I presume that indicates my air docks will ship soon.

What sort of delay between getting the survey and shipping was there? Any one who already got there's???

Sent from my SM-T320 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

It was 16 days between receiving the email to fill out the form and having my two Air Docks ship out. For only one person doing this on his own, I'd say that's pretty damn good.

Device History
---------------------------------
HTC G1 / Dream
HTC Hero GSM
HTC Incredible S
HP TouchPad
Samsung Galaxy Nexus SCH-i515
Samsung Galaxy S III SCH-i535 & GT-i9300
LG Google Nexus 4
Samsung Galaxy S 4 SCH-i545
Asus Google Nexus 7 2012
Asus Google Nexus 7 2013
LG Google Nexus 5
---------------------------------
The Following User Says Thank You to Maverick-DBZ- For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bmdixon
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by arvonn View Post
Mine was shipped 2 days after filling in the survey... can't wait for it to arrive!

The Following User Says Thank You to bmdixon For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]