XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Air dock ... Wireless charger for your car

Tip us?

ritzxda
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmdixon View Post
Mine was shipped 2 days after filling in the survey... can't wait for it to arrive!
I was in the early bird which was supposed to ship out in Feb...and I'm yet to receive it despite adding an extra $20USD for international shipping. I've already got myself a QI car charger from China at less than half the cost so this better be darn good when I finally receive it.

kpjimmy
Old
Thanks Meter 953
Been using the CD version in my truck and so far in the Texas heat, the pad has been holding tough! I will put the pad away when the temp gets over 90F because in the truck, everything will roast in there lol.

So far I love the pad and the stickyness it provides to glossy cases. The sticker for the cases is a great workaround for the matte cases like the Spigen Neo Hybrid and Ultra fit. The neo hybrid was a bit tougher to use because of how dang thick the case is, but the AirDock still charges! So now I have an ultra fit and run spotify/pandora/my own music/podcasts along a bt dongle without issues. Totally worth every penny IMO and I have a bunch of mounts from the Arkons to the generics. And this has trumped every other one so far because of it's charging abilities.
gplus.to/kpjimmy <---Add me to G+!
http://mycolorscreen.com/kpjimmy/<---My colorscreen images

aiiee
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by arvonn View Post
So I just got the airdock mount survey today( from the indiegogo campaign), I presume that indicates my air docks will ship soon.

What sort of delay between getting the survey and shipping was there? Any one who already got there's???

Sent from my SM-T320 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
What kind of survey is it that you fill out BEFORE you get the product?

mancterrier
Old
Thanks Meter 7
I filled my form in on the 3rd April. Not heard owt since..
The Following User Says Thank You to mancterrier For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kayl2
Old
Thanks Meter 0
For those of you who have the Air Dock already, how well does it hold the phone? Would you trust it to hold your phone during a high speed pursuit? (I'll let you guess which side I'd be on :-p)

ritzxda
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayl2 View Post
For those of you who have the Air Dock already, how well does it hold the phone? Would you trust it to hold your phone during a high speed pursuit? (I'll let you guess which side I'd be on :-p)
Lol For anyone that has the official Nexus charger and also this Air Dock; would you say the Air Dock magnets are as strong? I love how strong the magnetic pull is with the Nexus charger.

arvonn
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by aiiee View Post
What kind of survey is it that you fill out BEFORE you get the product?
To find out which mount(s) to include with the shipment and an opportunity to sell extra accessories. It was clearly spelled out on the indiegogo website that they would send a questionnaire before shipping to find out which options should be included with the shipment.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to arvonn For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

El Daddy
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 2729
Quote:
Originally Posted by ritzxda View Post
Lol For anyone that has the official Nexus charger and also this Air Dock; would you say the Air Dock magnets are as strong? I love how strong the magnetic pull is with the Nexus charger.
They aren't as strong, but its pretty close. The phone isn't going to go anywhere when its on the dock.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to El Daddy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jv.batista
Old
Thanks Meter 138

DONATE TO ME
how does it behave with a spigen ultra hibrid case? Do the magnets work or it sticks with the 'magic' surface?
Smartphone: Google Nexus 5 16Gb
Rom: Stock
Kernel: Stock, waiting for 4.4.3

If I helped you, hit the thanks button...