5,605,120 Members 37,313 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

amCase Hybrid Bumper Case Review + pictures *Giveaway now!!!!*

Tip us?

krash183
Old
(Last edited by ApriliaM3; 11th January 2014 at 06:36 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 173
Default amCase Hybrid Bumper Case Review + pictures *Giveaway now!!!!*

I just got my amCASE hybrid case and I'm quite pleased with it! First time buying an amCASE case but definitely won't be my last time.

Packaging

One thing I like to see with packaging is when its kept to a minimum. It's more eco-friendly and it keeps cost down for the manufacturer and consumer. We don't need a flashy package do we? They spend the money were it belongs, on the product!

Build Quality/Design

The build quality seems to be high. No rough corners, sharp edges or defects. All lines are clean and well made. It does have a white "amCASE" logo on the back that doesn't seem to quite fit with everything else but it's not too noticeable or distracting. They went with a two tone two material hybrid design. The back is a harder frosted plastic while the sides are a glossy tpu rubber material. It transitions from on material to the other seemlessly.

The frosted back is transparent but gives a smoked/blurry effect when looking through it. Which I kinda like; sort of artsy don't you say?

All cutouts seem to be perfectly aligned. No ports are covered. I like how they went with a big cutout for the micro usb port so we can use any micro usb cable to charge our phones. Also the cutout for the headphone jack is decently big. Would like it to be a tad bigger so ANY headphone plug can be used but it looks like most if not all plugs would be okay with this case. I hate it when a cases headphone cutout is too small to use with your headphones but that wasn't the case with this one.

The "buttons" on the case to simulate where the actually buttons are of not the best quality but definitely not the worst I've seen on tpu cases. Finding the buttons in pocket wasn't a problem as it has a good feel to them. Pressing them was good also. I never felt like I had to exert too much effort to get the button press to register with the phone.

It's also worth mentioning that the edges are raised to prevent scratching the phone when placing it face down on a table.

It's not the slimmest nor the bulkiest but a good compromise between the two. It won't protect your phone from a drop 2 stories up but it will provide good protection all the way around your phone for those minor drops we all have.

Giveaway! A brand new unopned hybrid case

Totally free but continental USA only as I'm covering the shipping. Sorry other countries.

https://www.facebook.com/TechMatte

Must Like TechMatte's Facebook page!

Write on the wall that you read this review AND provide a link to this review in the post.

Then write a reply with your thoughts on this review and this will end in 1 week. I will PM the winner for his/her address and I will send it out. I will send it via usps. No insurance so if it gets lost in the mail; sorry but I won't be buying another one to send you.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1040647.jpg
Views:	2185
Size:	244.9 KB
ID:	2464053   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1040648.jpg
Views:	2169
Size:	257.3 KB
ID:	2464054   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1040646.jpg
Views:	2112
Size:	261.5 KB
ID:	2464055   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1040645.jpg
Views:	3487
Size:	253.8 KB
ID:	2464056   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1040642.jpg
Views:	1913
Size:	246.0 KB
ID:	2464058  

HTC Sensation - Retired
Asus Transformer TF100 - Retired
Galaxy S3 - retired
Nexus 7 - retired
Nexus 10 - retired
Nexus 7 2013 - Paranoid Rom Franco Kernel
Nexus 5 - Stock rooted

TWRP > CWM
The Following User Says Thank You to krash183 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

krash183
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 173
phew; just dropped my phone and the case protected it like a champ!
HTC Sensation - Retired
Galaxy S3 - retired
Nexus 7 - retired
Nexus 10 - retired
Nexus 5 - Stock rooted

TWRP > CWM

XorZone
Old
Thanks Meter 135
Have same case.
Great hybrid case if you are into TPU feel.
Pros:
- Precise cutouts
- USB cutout works with larger samsung cable
- Not slippery, comparing with YESOO Ultra slim Frosted http://amzn.com/B00GG2KWZY
- Just a tiny bit bulkier then YESOO Ultra slim Frosted
- Great (read tight, but not over tight) fit

Cons:
- Power button became not responsive, it works, but you cannot feel the click, I might just get exacto knife and remove it from case.
- Glossy sides, I would prefer matte, but it's personal design preference

Conclusion:
I would definitely recommend this case if you like TPU feel of the sides and don't mind glossy black sides.
All in all a lot more protection from the rubbery sides!
Good-bye... and hello... as always!
Xor

[Widget][For 4.4] Desk Clock Resizable Widget

krash183
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 173
Doing a giveaway now! Read the review and the rules are there! Ends in 1 week. Merry Christmas!
HTC Sensation - Retired
Galaxy S3 - retired
Nexus 7 - retired
Nexus 10 - retired
Nexus 5 - Stock rooted

TWRP > CWM
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to krash183 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

armyboy11b
Old
Thanks Meter 915
Wooot I need to order me a case soon lol

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
-DEVICES-
------------------------
*Galaxy note i717
Rom-black+star v3
*Nexus 7 tab (shipping)
Rom-stock
------------------------