Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,783,072 Members 45,212 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

amCase Ultra Slim-Fit Case Review + Pictures

Tip us?

krash183
Old
(Last edited by ApriliaM3; 11th January 2014 at 06:32 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 178
Default amCase Ultra Slim-Fit Case Review + Pictures

amCase Ultra Slim-Fit Case

There has been a lot of slim cases like the Rearth Ringke slim, spigen and others. The amCASE ultra slim is a bit different than the others.

First, its thin alright. Fits well and not much wiggle room when in the case. The back has a nice soft matte grip finish, No corner was sharp but a nice smooth rounding on all sides/corners. There is some lift ont he bezel around the phone so it lifts the phone just a bit to prevent scraching the glass on the front when setting it face down on a table.

The amCase differes in that there is no bezel by the buttons on the phone. While it makes it have even less protection than other slim cases; it makes it a lot easier to take it off and on. The Rearth slim I have has just a good fit but the buttons would always get caught when taking it off or on.

It doesn't add much protection on the bottom or sides which is nice to have complete free access to all the ports/seakers.

This is definitely not a case if you're clumsy with your phone but there to prevent the small drops or scratches. Very minimalistic and good construction witht he added bonus of the easiest to take on and off of the phone than other slim cases
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1040764.jpg
Views:	397
Size:	243.6 KB
ID:	2492009   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1040766.jpg
Views:	355
Size:	285.8 KB
ID:	2492014   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1040767.jpg
Views:	378
Size:	248.4 KB
ID:	2492024   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1040768.jpg
Views:	312
Size:	263.1 KB
ID:	2492025   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1040769.jpg
Views:	273
Size:	282.3 KB
ID:	2492034  

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1040771.jpg
Views:	321
Size:	266.5 KB
ID:	2492035  
HTC Sensation - Retired
Asus Transformer TF100 - Retired
Galaxy S3 - retired
Nexus 7 - retired
Nexus 10 - retired
Nexus 7 2013 - Paranoid Rom Franco Kernel
Nexus 5 - Stock rooted

TWRP > CWM
The Following User Says Thank You to krash183 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jbdan
Old
Thanks Meter 521
This is my kind of case. I presently have the rearth slim. It's the only case for me, so far. This looks like a great option for those of us who like the more professional look vs the bling, bulky, rubber, two piece, colored type cases. I'll have to try one. Is the logo (boo hiss btw) raised or etched in any way or is it just printed?

Nexus5
"The mind set on the Spirit is life and peace" <><

hollisnh
Old
Thanks Meter 3
almost bought this case, but reviewers had issues with the matte finish coming off after a week.

Please update your review after couple weeks on the fit and finish.

thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to hollisnh For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

krash183
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbdan View Post
This is my kind of case. I presently have the rearth slim. It's the only case for me, so far. This looks like a great option for those of us who like the more professional look vs the bling, bulky, rubber, two piece, colored type cases. I'll have to try one. Is the logo (boo hiss btw) raised or etched in any way or is it just printed?

Nexus5
just printed on. I'm sure it'll start rubbing off soon enough
HTC Sensation - Retired
Asus Transformer TF100 - Retired
Galaxy S3 - retired
Nexus 7 - retired
Nexus 10 - retired
Nexus 7 2013 - Paranoid Rom Franco Kernel
Nexus 5 - Stock rooted

TWRP > CWM
The Following User Says Thank You to krash183 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

4redstars
Old
Thanks Meter 74
I only used the amcase on my nexus 4. The first one I had was amazing. The second started peeling almost immediately.

I just received my new one for the nexus 5. It has a slippery soft feel that is really disappointing.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Support the Devs, buy their apps, send them a beer

mmmmBACON
Old
Thanks Meter 953
This guy has a video review of it and shows the case peeling pretty badly at all 4 corners.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8CB7i_ExSA