Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,173 Members 42,313 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

AnkerŪ Tempered-Glass Screen Protector

Tip us?

Seedyh
Old
(Last edited by Seedyh; 10th March 2014 at 09:37 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 28
Default AnkerŪ Tempered-Glass Screen Protector

Installed last night and very impressed. Had 3 small patches of spider web, 2 of which have gone on their own and the 3rd is hardly noticeable and I have a feeling this will go too.

There's a slight lift around the edges of the earpiece, I guess that's down to the glass on the phone not being completely flat.

I've had a Spigen tr and a Nillkin, neither of which went on as well as the Anker - although that could be just me having more practice!

Oleophobic coating is also working nicely, a few smears but overall very good indeed.

I'd definitely recommend one especially if you don't want to pay the premium for Spigen.

Amazon UK Link

This is with a Spigen Ultra Hybrid..
The Following User Says Thank You to Seedyh For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

fahadbr
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Just got one of these myself. Its pretty good but my cruzerlite tpu case is not working well with this SP. Might need to get a different case

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

b.spec
Old
Thanks Meter 46
I wish this was available in Canada =(

thehelios
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Just put mine on yesterday and only ended up with one small bubble in the top left area of the phone and no spider webs (w00t w00t!)

I have it paired with a Spigen Slim Armor and it fits on JUST about right. Not sure if it's putting pressure on the glass screen but it looks like it fits perfectly. We'll see how long it lasts with it.

Texture on the glass screen is amazing. Neither I or my co-workers could feel any type of difference.

bone$
Old
Thanks Meter 5
bought this and have small spiderweb at bottom.. still happy, very high quality.

hope sw goes away after time.
Nexus 5 - ParanoidAndroid 4.4

Samsung Galaxy S3 - ParanoidAndroid 4.4

HTC Sensation 4G - OpenSensation/ CM10.1

HTC Vision - CyanogenMod 9

HTC Espresso - CyanogenMod 7

HTC Dream - CyanogenMod 7
--------------------------------------------------
Asus Eee Pad TF - KatKiss-KitKat 4.4.2

HP TouchPad - CyanogenMod 9

mgeller87
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I agree, wish I could find these in canada. $15 bucks I'm willing to spend, $35 not so much.

Matrix_19
Old
Thanks Meter 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgeller87 View Post
I agree, wish I could find these in canada. $15 bucks I'm willing to spend, $35 not so much.
if you don't care waiting a few weeks, you can buy this Glass-M (0.15mm) for 19.99$ US free shipping to canada :

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/0-15M...500677869.html

Ulver
Old
Thanks Meter 209
I just installed mine tonight. I love it. Feels great and have no issues with the touch screen.

I could have lined up the protector a little better, but despite that I only have a couple a small air bubbles that should go away.

I highly recommend it! I just wish my cruzerlite case would still work with it. Oh well...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Seedyh
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 28
Shame about the cases not working well.. Spigen Hybrid is fine, not noticed any issues as yet.

bofbaz
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Can you please provide some pictures?
How thick is this screen protector?