XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

AnkerŪ Tempered-Glass Screen Protector

Tip us?

Seedyh
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 28
I'll take some later

0.38mm I think, feels very nice though.. not too thick at all.

bofbaz
Old
(Last edited by bofbaz; 20th February 2014 at 11:41 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1
Many thanks!

Cowboy_Henk
Old
Thanks Meter 9
I can't seem to find the UK or German amazon site for this?

How does it compare to Mime Ghost glass?

Seedyh
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy_Henk View Post
I can't seem to find the UK or German amazon site for this?

How does it compare to Mime Ghost glass?
UK Link -

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

On sale bargain!

I will get some photos soon..

Cowboy_Henk
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seedyh View Post
UK Link -

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

On sale bargain!

I will get some photos soon..

No...Look to the title. This is the link to "AnkerŪ Screen Protector for Google Nexus 5 [3 Pack] Xtreme Scratch Defender Ultra-Clear High-Response Premium with Lifetime Warranty"

The Pet film screenprotectors....

Seedyh
Old
(Last edited by Seedyh; 11th March 2014 at 10:50 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 28
Oh that's weird.. The link came from my order confirmation from Amazon for the glass protector! I didn't read it, just assumed it would be correct.. I guess they aren't selling therm.

Edit: ha just noticed that the original link in the first post goes to the wrong item now too.. Ah well.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Cowboy_Henk
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seedyh View Post
Oh that's weird.. The link came from my order confirmation from Amazon for the glass protector! I didn't read it, just assumed it would be correct.. I guess they aren't selling therm.

Edit: ha just noticed that the original link in the first post goes to the wrong item now too.. Ah well.

I'm wondering when they are selling them again. I'm doubting between Anker or Mime Ghost screen. Which one is better? Anker offers lifetime warranty though!

Seedyh
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 28
Not sure, I've not used the Mime yet.. Only this, the Spigen and the Nillkin. The Anker has been the best so far, it's still on my phone and not chipped, which is an improvement!

mrcricket23
Old
Thanks Meter 5
i got one recently about 2 weeks ago, and for some reason i got a huge bubble spider looking web about half inch on the bottom of my screen and about 2 small spider webs which i didnt mind too much. I contacted them through amazon since supposedly they're bubble "free". This is the reponse i got

"Thanks for the response and sorry for the issue.

Actually we have had this issue reported and we are currently investigating it with our suppliers as it seems to be a batch issue. A replacement as much as I would have liked to make, it's not a viable option.

May I ask a second chance to make things right by issuing a refund? We will further process once we get your consent."

Ever since then the screen protector is not available, i didnt want a refund because i liked the screen protector but that half inch bubble its getting on my nerves. So i went ahead and accepted the refund will be trying Nilkin i guess.

angied
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I got this screen protector a couple weeks ago, too, and I have a big bubble at the bottom that hasn't gone away. I just called and they said they have made some manufacturing changes to the protector which should (hopefully) resolve the bubble problems. However, the new batch won't be ready for 1-2 weeks.

I am going to wait for a new one. They will call me when they are ready to be shipped.