Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,147 Members 48,574 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Best bluetooth mic headset?

Tip us?

Caelrie
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
Default Best bluetooth mic headset?

I'm looking for a pair of bluetooth earbuds with an in-line mic that has good noise canceling AND good sound for music. Is there such a thing?

I looked at the bluebirds x, but reviews consistently say the outgoing noise cancellation is worthless. The Go 2 from Plantronic doesn't even have noise cancellation at all, so that's out.

Any suggestions?

MistaEast
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Consider

I know that you wanted a recommendation for earbuds but have you (and other people reading this looking for an answer) considered some on ear headphones? Obviously there are cons to giant on ear headphones but there are some magnificent pro's that make headphones worth considering. anyway, for the lower budget, there's the tenqa remxd. great quality for the price, but not much else to it. a classic look as well. it fits with the Nexus as a nice understated good looking device. on the higher end is the Jabra revo Wireless. Jabra is well known for their Bluetooth headsets and the Revo Wireless was a pretty nice one i was looking at. a bit overpriced but there really isn't anything else that has the features for a similar price. and on the really high end is the Parrot Zik. high quality but high price. i recommend a look at the Revo's myself just because theyre at a reasonable price range with some cool stuff

Caelrie
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
I already have some $400 Sennheiser over-ear for just listening to music.

What I'm looking for is something small that fits in my purse that sounds good and I can use to talk to clients in a noisy setting on my nexus. So it's got to be earbuds.

PhilipTD
Old
Thanks Meter 381
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caelrie View Post
I'm looking for a pair of bluetooth earbuds with an in-line mic that has good noise canceling AND good sound for music. Is there such a thing? I looked at the bluebirds x, but reviews consistently say the outgoing noise cancellation is worthless. The Go 2 from Plantronic doesn't even have noise cancellation at all, so that's out. Any suggestions?
The BlueBuds are awesome. Test them and return them if you don't like them.

NEXUS 5 STOCK KK444 FK XPOSED TWRP

Karlmadur
Old
(Last edited by Karlmadur; 6th February 2014 at 06:14 PM.)
Thanks Meter 8
Ive spent the last couple of days reserching and this is what Im looking at.

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-Canceling...cm_wl_huc_item

N.B.
Its only bluetooth v2.1 but its at a good price

edit.
http://store.antec.com/Product/audio...5-74020-3.aspx

Liskrig
Old
Thanks Meter 70
Quote:
I'm looking for a pair of bluetooth earbuds with an in-line mic that has good noise canceling AND good sound for music. Is there such a thing?

I looked at the bluebirds x, but reviews consistently say the outgoing noise cancellation is worthless. The Go 2 from Plantronic doesn't even have noise cancellation at all, so that's out.

Any suggestions?
I personally don't do much wireless music streaming, but I have heard good things about these:

http://www.amazon.com/LG-Electronics...rds=lg+tone%2B

Depending on your personal situation, maybe the older model would be a better investment because this new one seems to have a much shorter range compared.

Hope this helps!
Follow me on twitter!

Current Devices:
HTC One M8 [32GB] [Black] (S-Off, ARHD, h/k mod)
Nexus 5 [Black] [32GB]
iPhone 5s [64GB]
iPad 3rd [16Gb] [Wi-Fi] [White]
--
Retired:
HTC One [32GB] [Black](SOLD)
Rooted HTC Incredible (CM9 + CM9 Kernel)
BlackBerry Bold 9650 [VZW]
Galaxy Nexus
iPhone 4s [32GB]

Caelrie
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liskrig View Post
I personally don't do much wireless music streaming, but I have heard good things about these:

http://www.amazon.com/LG-Electronics...rds=lg+tone%2B

Depending on your personal situation, maybe the older model would be a better investment because this new one seems to have a much shorter range compared.

Hope this helps!
I looked at those, but if they'd even fit in my purse, they'd break.

sbenson1226
Old
Thanks Meter 83
Quote:
I looked at those, but if they'd even fit in my purse, they'd break.
I have these and they're not fragile in the least. Actually quite durable - I toss them in and out of a small gym bag. The "loop" is extremely flexible and covered in soft touch rubber. The battery life/performance/sound quality are all great.

The only downside for me, since I use these for the gym (lifting specifically), is anytime I lay down they want to slide off my neck. For general use and running these are amazing.

jimburke57
Old
Thanks Meter 5
I have the Motorola Buds, and I love them. I haven't had any issues whatsoever with them.
http://amzn.to/1bueHyY

Beauenheim
Old
Thanks Meter 85

DONATE TO ME
I have some Outdoor Technologies Tags I got for free from my Girlfriend's Father.

The mic is OK but the music is actually superb. It drowns out most outside noise. 32 feet length and 6 hours of consistent listening time

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk