XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Bluetooth speaker

Tip us?

Mikel19
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Bluetooth speaker

Hi, i've got a Philips soundshooter sbt30 and i can't controll his volume with a bluetooth connection...
On my phone the indicator degree but the volume of speaker is always high.
Can help me?

Inviato dal mio Nexus 5 utilizzando Tapatalk

Dani897
Old
Thanks Meter 679
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikel19 View Post
Hi, i've got a Philips soundshooter sbt30 and i can't controll his volume with a bluetooth connection...
On my phone the indicator degree but the volume of speaker is always high.
Can help me?

Inviato dal mio Nexus 5 utilizzando Tapatalk
i have the same problem with a tdk a33 speaker (great sound) i'm guessing it's a problem with support for the protocol which there are many of and you can only know what you are using by pulling logs from the phone... not much you can do unless it's a problem with the phones bt stack. if the speaker has it's own volume control it might not support remote volume control. but if the speaker is meant to be controlled from the phone then it might be possible that changing the bt stack or driver for the bt chip in the rom/kernel would solve the issue. this would require rooting and flashing though.

can you control the volume with other devices? i haven't really messed with mine enough to know which device is the problem...

lightfire
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani897 View Post
i have the same problem with a tdk a33 speaker (great sound) i'm guessing it's a problem with support for the protocol which there are many of and you can only know what you are using by pulling logs from the phone... not much you can do unless it's a problem with the phones bt stack. if the speaker has it's own volume control it might not support remote volume control. but if the speaker is meant to be controlled from the phone then it might be possible that changing the bt stack or driver for the bt chip in the rom/kernel would solve the issue. this would require rooting and flashing though.

can you control the volume with other devices? i haven't really messed with mine enough to know which device is the problem...
DANG! I just ordered a tdk a33 and didn't realize the phone wouldn't control the volume.
Is there any software that will work to do the volume control?

Dani897
Old
(Last edited by Dani897; 4th December 2013 at 03:09 PM.)
Thanks Meter 679
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightfire View Post
DANG! I just ordered a tdk a33 and didn't realize the phone wouldn't control the volume.
Is there any software that will work to do the volume control?
The phones framework supports BT volume control but it seem like the BT stack doesn't have complete support for the particular protocol some of these devices use...

When I try to adjust the volume the bar shows on the screen and it move and the speaker icon is substituted with a BT icon... A custom ROM might work but I can't recommend any as I haven't tried them yet... I will work on a solution and post detail here when I know more... My fathers old galaxy s 2 works perfectly with the a33 and I will check with my infuse that runs cyanogenmod.

after some googleing there seems to be bugs in the new bt stack... supposedly from somone testing 4.4.1 they fixed it.. but who knows. i don't even know how to become a 4.4.1 tester...

in the meantime i think any fix will need root.