Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,721 Members 51,493 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Bumper case clone

Tip us?

Froid
Old
(Last edited by Froid; 30th January 2014 at 01:58 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1290

DONATE TO ME
Default Bumper case clone

Looks like eBay sellers are starting to carry these, but some are claiming they're official. Check the colors..pretty sure Google isn't carrying blue. They look good and for the price....pshhh. Right now take another $5 off the amazon deal.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/s/ref=is...prefix=shenit+

Edit: link no longer working

prophet of doom
Old
Thanks Meter 6
I ordered the red one from amazon. They said I should get it between 2/15-3/15 lol talk about the slow boat from China !

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to prophet of doom For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Froid
Old
(Last edited by Froid; 18th January 2014 at 02:23 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1290

DONATE TO ME
Lol..I started laughing when I saw my shipping date. Kind of hoping, like everything else I order from amazon, it just shows up two days later like magic

playa_
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Have had one for a few days now off eBay.

Knew it was obviously fake due to price but thought I'd try it out anyway (packaging was fantastic lol, taped up Google box)

The sides of the case come in on an angle towards the phone, not sure if it's like that on official model. Buttons are literally 1-1.5mm in height so pressing them is impossible.

Apart from those defects, the case fits great
The Following User Says Thank You to playa_ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Jrmiller
Old
Thanks Meter 29
hahaha awesome. gonna have to snag one asap
NEXUS 5 // Carbon // ElementalX
The Following User Says Thank You to Jrmiller For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ralphwiggum1
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by playa_ View Post

Knew it was obviously fake due to price but thought I'd try it out anyway (packaging was fantastic lol, taped up Google box)

The sides of the case come in on an angle towards the phone, not sure if it's like that on official model. Buttons are literally 1-1.5mm in height so pressing them is impossible.

Sounds the same as the official case.
The Following User Says Thank You to ralphwiggum1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Froid
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1290

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by playa_ View Post

Thanks for the info. Wouldn't be surprised if they are exact replicas of the original with maybe some color variations...And I noticed the taped up Google packaging on one of the eBay listings..lol

bblzd
Old
Thanks Meter 258
I'd be a bit worried. Google couldn't even get the case right with it's early degradation problems. Maybe this will be a case of the knock off being superior to the real thing? I'd have my doubts though.
W32
The Following User Says Thank You to bblzd For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

GHOSTIVVI
Old
Thanks Meter 30
Can someone that has this case post pictures?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to GHOSTIVVI For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Froid
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1290

DONATE TO ME
Looks like I'll be getting the black one tomorrow. I'll post some pics

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Froid For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]