Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,248 Members 39,618 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

CAR Audio: Listening music through Bluetooth

Tip us?

Gagamonstar
Old
Thanks Meter 17
I use a converter in my room. It worked great , and was cheap. It now doesn't work unless you're really close to it. I just bought a more expensive one. I'm hoping that works good. Either way I like using it.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

rbrenart
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1ForFun View Post
It has gotten much better. I use it in my car regularly with an aftermarket head unit that supports the latest Bluetooth technology. I run speakers and an amp with a sub. I also have an aux cable going to my glove box. For me the difference isn't great enough because I use the Bluetooth and never use the aux cable.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
G1 has it right. If you tried in the last couple generations of bluetooth stereos it was pretty mediocre with lots of drop outs. But, personally the stuff from the last couple years is great. And the convenience on new phones that have good enough battery that you can go zero cables for short/medium drives is awesome.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

MattSid
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks all for your experience sharing, from what I understood there's then no big quality audio problems with Bluetooth.

I'm thinking about to upgrade my old car Stereo with an ONLY Bluetooth receiver, I mean that I want to throw away the entire old head unit and add a Bluetooth receiver that I could plug direct to the ISO 10487 connector. Did someone know a product like this one I'm searching for?

Liskrig
Old
Thanks Meter 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattSid View Post
I need to change my Car Stereo and I'm wondering about this solution: instead of using the AUX Connection from the Nexus 5 to the Car Stereo it would be amazing to use a Bluetooth connection.

This could be a good choice? how about the audio quality? I have tryed it with my old HTC Desire and a entry level Car Stereo and the audio quality was awful...
I have a JVC head unit, and I listen to music, podcasts, and navigation through Bluetooth. It's not the best unit either. I've tried it with 4.4, 4.4.2 and 4.4.3 stock, and locked, and as well with unlocked and rooted. With and without ViPER4Android it still sounds good! No distortion, no dropped signal.

Bluetooth streaming is the way to go IMO.

LINK to my crummy head unit.
Follow me on twitter!

Current Devices:
HTC One M8 [32GB] [Black] (S-Off, ARHD, h/k mod)
Nexus 5 [Black] [32GB]
iPhone 5s [64GB]
iPad 3rd [16Gb] [Wi-Fi] [White]
--
Retired:
HTC One [32GB] [Black](SOLD)
Rooted HTC Incredible (CM9 + CM9 Kernel)
BlackBerry Bold 9650 [VZW]
Galaxy Nexus
iPhone 4s [32GB]

jsgraphicart
Old
Thanks Meter 1383
I don't have a bluetooth enables stereo in my car but I have an aux input. I bought one of these, plugged it into the aux port and connected it to my phone via bluetooth. The sound is actually really nice.

http://www.mobilelifeshop.com/produc...7Ghg4RPfbw_wcB

MattSid
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks, but both solutions (car head unit and bluetooth receiver with aux connection) are not what I'm looking for, what I'm looking for is a bluetooth receiver that could be connected directly to the ISO cables of the car, so I could throw away my old car head unit.

jsgraphicart
Old
(Last edited by jsgraphicart; 18th June 2014 at 09:23 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1383
Quote:
Thanks, but both solutions (car head unit and bluetooth receiver with aux connection) are not what I'm looking for, what I'm looking for is a bluetooth receiver that could be connected directly to the ISO cables of the car, so I could throw away my old car head unit.
I get what you are wanting now. Just today, the same thought popped into my mind because my car stereo is having issues. I thought of bypassing my stereo all together and hooking up that bluetooth adapter directly into the system. But I'm not a stereo guy and havent looked at the connections in my car yet.

I found this but don't know if it would work at all.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Smart-ForTwo...item4ad5fb8768

EDIT: Never mind. That's for a Smart car or something. lol

MattSid
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Yep, what I would do i bypassing the stereo completely. I have all what I need on my Nexus 5, without the Car Head Unit I should no more fear thief and the internal look of the auto will be more cleaner.

MattSid
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Up!

lui22
Old
Thanks Meter 44

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Up!
BlackBerry has you covered my friend. If the old head unit has red/white splits or if you can hack it up get this http://shop.crackberry.com/blackberr...A172A11438.htm

You can probably get it much cheaper from amazon. I have it powered from the USB port on my stereo and I hide it behind the stereo.
Nexus 5
BlackBerry Q10
BlackBerry Curve 3g
BlackBerry Z10
Apple iPhone 4
Apple iPhone 2g
Moto Defy XT
Nokia 1616
Samsung Propel
LG Something
HTC Evo Supersonic
Nokia 5530