XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Case that covers ports

Tip us?

BigOkie
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychDrummer View Post
That's the only one I found when I originally searched for it, but it wasn't getting great reviews. Also, I'm not a huge fan of the built in screen protector.
The Armorbox port covers suck, for lack of a better term. The TPS plastic doesn't serve well as port covers simply because the material is a little too rigid.

The Ballistic SG Maxx case however uses a silicone setup for the port covers. Works very well.

lchen5
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychDrummer View Post
Hey guys, I'm going to be traveling in a week and I wanted to grab a case that covers the ports just to be safe. I know otterbox usually has these types of cases but sadly they aren't making any for the N5. I looked through most cases on Amazon and all of them seemed to not cover the ports up. Has anyone come across one that does? Preferably under 30 dollars.
I also like the Otterbox case, especially commuter series, high quality, good protection and not too bulk, too expensive.
I got Otterbox series for my HTC One X and Samsung GS3 for under $20/each.

refinition
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by lchen5 View Post
I also like the Otterbox case, especially commuter series, high quality, good protection and not too bulk, too expensive.
+1 Otterbox cases haven't failed me once yet
All hail the broken image.

PsychDrummer
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by lchen5 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by refinition View Post
+1 Otterbox cases haven't failed me once yet
There are no otterbox cases for the N5 though.

topdawgy9
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Maxboost case purchased. I don't use the hip holster but the case is great for $9.99

Black case does attract lint but besides that covers all ports but leaves holes for the mic and 2 holes for speakers.

Surprisingly doesn't add much bulk despite the pictures looking like it does. In short I'm very happy from a fairly demanding customer.
I am however waiting for a Trident Case as a higher quality one with maybe some color. This is a great cheap option for people who want a decent quality case until the heavy hitters come out.