Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,836 Members 41,611 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Need a case that will protect my screen from drops (raised edge?)

Tip us?
 
ANDROIDRAZRM
Old
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 32
Join Date: Jun 2013
Default Need a case that will protect my screen from drops (raised edge?)

I was using one of the $.99 eBay cases and dropped my phone a couple of weeks ago face down and of course the screen shattered. I just got it repaired and don't want this to happen again. Are there any cases that people can recommend that would protect the screen if I were to drop it facedown again?

Something with a raised lip?
 
zolo185
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 24
Posts: 159
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Miami
Quote:
Originally Posted by ANDROIDRAZRM View Post
I was using one of the $.99 eBay cases and dropped my phone a couple of weeks ago face down and of course the screen shattered. I just got it repaired and don't want this to happen again. Are there any cases that people can recommend that would protect the screen if I were to drop it facedown again?

Something with a raised lip?
Any of the Spigen cases. I currently have on the the hybrid but I love the slim armor and the fitted one

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
 
GTDarthYoda
Old
#3  
GTDarthYoda's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 143
Posts: 545
Join Date: Jul 2012
+1 for the Spigen Slim Armor
LG Nexus 5 - Stock, Rooted, TWRP
LG Nexus 4 - 4.3 - P.A.C True All in 1 ROM nightly - haven't touched since I got the N5
 
HelloGQ
Old
#4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 20
Join Date: Nov 2013
Pretty much any case over 99 cents...
 
Mikeonic
Old
#5  
Mikeonic's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 213
Posts: 429
Join Date: Feb 2013

 
DONATE TO ME
tech 21, here is a video of it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2T0XwPq8BjY

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Leave a Thanks I I helped
On YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Topromn
  • Graphic Design and Tester on Team AOSPAL
  • Running ParanoidSaberDroid
  • Nexus 5
 
FapMaster784
Old
#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 9
Join Date: May 2014
Slim armor!!
 
MarlX
Old
#7  
MarlX's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 37
Posts: 329
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: 127.0.0.1
i know this kinda ot but do you guys have screen protector when using cases? i have my spigen just now and the edge of my screen protector goes bad when i grip hard the phone. i have the ZAGG invisibleSHIELD.

Google Nexus 5
ROM : STOCK
Kernel :
franco.Kernel - Nexus 5

Recovery :
ClockWorkMod 6.0.4.5

HTC Desire S
ROM :
[ROM][JB][MIUI V5] MIUIandroid saga 3.4.19 [24-Apr][Multilingual]

Kernel :
Radio :
20.72.30.0833U_3831.17.00.310
HBoot :
[HBOOT] | 29-05-2012 | 7.00.1002 | Reengineered 2.00.002

Recovery :
ClockWorkMod 5.0.2.0

Samsung Galaxy Tab P1000N
ROM CyanogenMod 10 Nightly Builds


 
kingston73
Old
#8  
kingston73's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 353
Posts: 1,815
Join Date: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarlX View Post
i know this kinda ot but do you guys have screen protector when using cases? i have my spigen just now and the edge of my screen protector goes bad when i grip hard the phone. i have the ZAGG invisibleSHIELD.
I honestly don't know how anybody can stand using the zagg, feels like you're running your finger across rubber to me. I have a spigen glaS TR, works great with the slim armor case. The others that would maybe work for you would be the trident aegis and the seidio active.
TmoUS eastcoast
G2 iphone 5
Sensation GS3
BB 9810
 
MarlX
Old
#9  
MarlX's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 37
Posts: 329
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: 127.0.0.1
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingston73 View Post
I honestly don't know how anybody can stand using the zagg, feels like you're running your finger across rubber to me. I have a spigen glaS TR, works great with the slim armor case. The others that would maybe work for you would be the trident aegis and the seidio active.
yeah, i love how it feels. lol. been using it also on my old device.

for the op, i been using the ultra-hybrid btw. really nice and not bulky feel.

Google Nexus 5
ROM : STOCK
Kernel :
franco.Kernel - Nexus 5

Recovery :
ClockWorkMod 6.0.4.5

HTC Desire S
ROM :
[ROM][JB][MIUI V5] MIUIandroid saga 3.4.19 [24-Apr][Multilingual]

Kernel :
Radio :
20.72.30.0833U_3831.17.00.310
HBoot :
[HBOOT] | 29-05-2012 | 7.00.1002 | Reengineered 2.00.002

Recovery :
ClockWorkMod 5.0.2.0

Samsung Galaxy Tab P1000N
ROM CyanogenMod 10 Nightly Builds


 
muriani
Old
#10  
Member
Thanks Meter 14
Posts: 97
Join Date: Nov 2009
I swear by my Diztronic TPU cases, been using them since I shattered my One S screen.
One of the main reasons is the amount of edge lip around the screen to protect it.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Android M Mentions Spotted in Android Code Review

While we are still waiting for Android L to be officially released, the first mentions of … more

Create a Simple Custom Launcher from Scratch

When you are starting your journey intoany sort of development, it’s never easy at the … more

MediaTek Continues Steps Towards Being Developer-Friendly

Not too long ago MediaTek was very closed off towards the mobile developer … more